Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Elemental Shaman Application

Firestyle
    Firestyle
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Elemental Shaman Application - Page 2 Empty Re: Elemental Shaman Application

Post by Firestyle Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Got it, thanks. I forgot unleash fury doesn't do damage any longer and I was looking in the damage done by ability section. For your searing totem, I definitely think Binksteins weak auras will help since it provides a nice tracking bar.

Otherwise, I've provided the information and analysis here - but it is up for the officers to decide on next steps.
    Xaeden
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Xaeden Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Downloaded it and have it set up and you know this cause you helped me set it up but posting to let everyone else know I do have it.
    xzand
    xzand
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by xzand Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:13 am

Don't take it personally that we aren't bringing you in; it has nothing to do with your performance so far. We're trying to keep our progression steady and we take the most geared/experienced people we can. We'll keep you as a backup for the remainder of the week. Take the things Firestyle said to heart and try to improve your play in the meantime.
    Xaeden
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Xaeden Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 am

Don't worry I take nothing personal.  If anything it is all a learning experience for me and I am just grateful for the little time time that I am allowed to get if at any at all like I stated in my application I am all for progression.  If being the best means I need to be benched at times to stack a group that is all fine and well.  And I am not used to your guys strats yet as in everyone has there own set ups and runs things a little different than everyone else.  I also understand that my gear is a lot lower and it is easier with people who has better gear than me so no worries.  I will be researching him today on breaks at work though Very Happy
    Xaeden
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Xaeden Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:25 pm

I have a question on the Flame Shock multi dotting is there a point to when it becomes a DPS loss? Or do I want to apply it to as many targets as possible or is it like no more than 2-3 tops?
    Firestyle
    Firestyle
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Firestyle Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:09 pm

You can't effectively maintain more than 3. Logistically you can do 4, and I think even swing some overlap with 5. However, after 3 you are spending more uptime on the dots than you are maximizing the lava surge procs.

Moreover, once you hit 3 you really want to think about if you can move towards chain lightning since it's superior dps. The only reason I still multidot with 3 targets is A) if you can't CL, or B) if you want something to die first (which is almost always the case). So for example, on heroic protectors in SOO when the bosses are stacked - I would use CL, but still also multidot because I want to dump into a priority add for a reason.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:22 pm