Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Firestyle - 575 Elemental Shaman

Firestyle
    Firestyle
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Firestyle - 575 Elemental Shaman Empty Firestyle - 575 Elemental Shaman

Post by Firestyle Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Your age: 34

BattleTag: Firestyle#1786

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/Firestyle/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/Semaphore/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/Incendium/advanced

I'm flexible on what I play for WoD.  My performance is high on the shaman and mage.  The boomkin I can do well on, but feel I would be due some fine tuning.  The boomkin spec also doesn't seem to be performing as well as others at it's current gear level.  There's always room for improvement in any case.

World of Logs/WMO Parses: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zazksqik7qeydxva/details/54/

Screenshot of your UI: http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=7239472022/a=10833823022_10833823022/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST):
    I have no standing committments which would make me available on any of the days.  Certainly periodic things do come up, which would keep me from making all 5 days all the time.  Furthermore, 5 days of raiding is an awful lot.  I could keep pace with that for several weeks - perhaps a month or two and afterwards a shorter 2-4 day schedule would be more consistent with what I can sustain.

What add-ons do you rely on most?
    Elv UI, Clique, Weak Auras, Big Wigs (I prefer their timers)

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    Patch notes, Totemspot.com for Ele, Elitistjerks for Resto, or Vixsin's blog (http://lifeingroup5.com/)

What previous raid experience do you have?
    Heroic raiding since it's inception, but in a semi-hardcore fashion often coming to content after small adjustments or nerfs, e.g. killing heroic rag w/ geysers, but after the HP adjustment on 10H.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    I have been in the same guild -Duskwood for roughly 4.5 years.  Our same core has raided together in 25 man prior to cata and 10 man thereafter.  Due to losing 4 of our core after killing Garrosh N, we were unable to recruit equally capable players.  This brought frustration to the group as we began working on the later half of SOO H, ultimately with us agreeing to go our separate ways.  

While I have interest in continuing raiding with the other officers, they have chosen a guild rashly through a friend and I cannot commit to a 16 hour perpetual raid week and am seeking more efficient options of guilds who have a 12 hour raid week, or may raid more in the beginning and more to a 12 hour raid week.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    There are a few factors:

• First and foremost though is location and time of day and that has a lot to do with the guilds you choose.  I live in NY and the server's data center is in NY and the guild raids at times which fit my east coast schedule.  I'm pretty flexible on when I can raid and I can sustain more than 3 days for a period of time, but would ideally like to come back to 3 days/wk.  From what I've read, this schedule seems to be a reasonable expectation from your guild.
    • Second, I am choosing to be aggressive with my applications.  I have raided for a long time and have a lot of heroic raiding experience under my belt.  While that experience has been just behind the curve of the top guilds, I have my experience as an officer - participating in troubleshooting and adjusting strategies, reviewing the performance of others, and almost always taking on raid responsibilities (i.e. mechanics / jobs) other than purely dps or healing.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    I found Shade of Arrows while reviewing the recruitment forums, I noted a reply to another's thread which I scanned quickly for needs, schedules, progression, etc.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specify other)?
    I am competitive.  I've competed all of my life through sports or academics.  Often times with others since that's good fun, and also with myself since I'm a driven person.  Weightlifting, running, and yoga are all areas where you can find your edge continually and push it.  World of warcraft is very similar in that regard, and there is always an opportunity to play even just a little bit better - and of course the always-persistent dps meter competition which even the best of us can't always pass on : )

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

• I'm a highly intelligent and very aware player.  
    • I have consistently attended and supported my guild for the past 4.5 years.  While it is a shame to see it pass, it is an opportunity to look past some of the aspects which were holding me back and look at new challenges.  
    • I'm a very active player who prioritizes progression and ensuring my toon has the best available gear and is optimized through simming / customization.  
    • I keep apprised just not on my rotation or changes to my class/spec, but on how other shaman are approaching raid encounters in terms of specific talents / glyphs and how they are choosing to cope with mechanics.
    • I'm a mature, calm, level-headed solutions-focused person.  I respect others' contributions to the guild and I respect their time.

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    I don't even know what this is.  I googled it; no I don't even do this alone.
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Firestyle - 575 Elemental Shaman Empty Re: Firestyle - 575 Elemental Shaman

Post by Yttrius Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Couple's cross stitching is legit and so is this app. Will peruse through logs later.
    Firestyle
    Firestyle
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Firestyle Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Thanks, I already did a cross-check with a few shaman in guilds ranked near yours. They are a bit better numbers wise, but I'm curious if being part of a group with stronger healers would let me focus more on dps. Anyway, happy to answer questions.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Thanks for your app! Our ranged officers will be in touch soon.
    Nalladar
    Nalladar
    Probably One of Kuze's Alts

Post by Nalladar Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Thank you for your application. We will be reviewing your application, you should here from us shortly.
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey would like to chat with you a bit in mumble you available?
    Firestyle
    Firestyle
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Firestyle Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 pm

I am, when is a good time and can you provide information. Add me - Firestyle#1786
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:12 am

Nall#1649 add me so we can talk
    Firestyle
    Firestyle
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Firestyle Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:27 am

Ok I think I received a request Thursday night, but noted it after you had logged. I have some events with family in town for Easter, but will try to catch you this weekend sometime if I can.
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:03 pm

ok sounds good
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:00 am

By the time this app is resolved, we might already have hover boards.
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:10 am

According to back to the future we get hover boards sometime this year. At least we know it will be before October.
    Tenebrus
    Tenebrus
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Tenebrus Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:14 am

It has already happened.

Firestyle
    Firestyle
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Firestyle Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 am

I would have expected a greater number of absolute faceplants for first time hoverboard use. I'll keep looking to catch you online today.
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:35 pm

trial offered see you Tuesday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am