Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

573 Brewmaster Monk (Mastery Build)

Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

573 Brewmaster Monk (Mastery Build) Empty 573 Brewmaster Monk (Mastery Build)

Post by Shimada Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Your age:

BattleTag:

Threetrees#1389

Armory Link of Main:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Shimada/advanced (My BM Monk)

Armory Links of Notable Alts:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Threetrees/advanced

World of Logs/WMO Parses:

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kargath/shimada/ I have been using this toon in my guild as a back up Tank for our 2nd raid team. As such, they have not been very consistent about posting logs. There won't be much data here, but I am happy to provide more as I am able. You are also welcome to check parses for my Prot Warrior as well: http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kargath/threetrees/

Screenshot of your UI:

https://imgur.com/fw24bz9 This was taken during an Ordos fight (Saved ya told me this was all right). As I never do 40 man raids, you will notice a bit of clutter behind my buffs/debuffs. This is not he case in a 10 or 25m group as my raid frames don't take up that much space, so the display is much more clear. Even so, you can see that I track Shuffle, Guard, Dampen Harm, etc.

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST):

Tues/Thurs 8-12

What add-ons do you rely on most?

ElvUI, Deadly Boss Mods, and Mik's Scrolling Battletext.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?

For my Monk: Icy Veins,Total's Tea Talk, Sentry Totem, Sunnier's Art of War, Elitest Jerks, and discussions with my peers who also tank on Monks.

What previous raid experience do you have?

I started playing the game when ToT was current content. During that time, I cleared normal and downed 3 bosses in Heroic before the nerfs began. At that time, I was the off tank for an established raid team in my guild. Currently, I lead that same raid team on my Protection Warrior, and we are currently 11/14H with me as the raid leader.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?

I have only been in Shadow and Light. I am still the Raid Leader and Main Tank of our primary raid team on my Protection Warrior, and I am not leaving my guild on that toon at this time. As far as my Monk goes, I have been filling in as the main tank for my guild's 2nd team for the last few months while they cinched a consistent team. The time for them needing my Monk has passed, and as a result, I have a fair amount of Heroic experience tanking on my BM Monk, and would very much like to keep raiding regularly on him.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?

You currently have on your raid team a Paladin tank by the name of Savedya. Not so long ago, he and I were the tanks for my guild's primary progression team. At the time, I was leaning more toward a less serious attitude toward personnel as it relates to performance and progression, and Savedya wanted something different. We parted ways amicably, and have remained friends since. I still see him as a valuable resource for discussing tanks in general, and he is typically my sounding board for new ideas and constructive criticism. I would like the opportunity to raid with him again, and also to be a valued member of a progression focused raid team.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?

As I mentioned above, Savedya asked me to apply to your guild/team.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?

Primarily I compete against myself. Each and every raid, and each and every pull, I strive to be better that i was the pull before. I am hard on myself for mistiming my rotation, CDs, etc, and look to always improve. As such, I compare myself to others who play the same class/spec not to see who is "better," but to see if I can learn anything and up my own game in the process. Overall, my goal is to make the team better, and I will give 110% focus and performance to ensure that that happens.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

First and foremost, my focus is to do my part, and pull my own weight to ensure that any team I am a part of finds success. I am open to constructive criticism to achieve this end, as I always wanting to perform to the best of my ability. I am equally capable of functioning in a "soldier" role where I perform my task and keep my mouth shut unless asked to contribute to a strategy, and in an "officer" role where I am asked to provide leadership and direction to the group. Essentially, I can be what is needed, and am always willing to up my personal game.

Last edited by Shimada on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
    savedya
    savedya
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

573 Brewmaster Monk (Mastery Build) Empty Re: 573 Brewmaster Monk (Mastery Build)

Post by savedya Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:51 pm

10/10 would bang.
    xzand
    xzand
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

573 Brewmaster Monk (Mastery Build) Empty Re: 573 Brewmaster Monk (Mastery Build)

Post by xzand Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:46 pm

he's no dibby.
    Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Shimada Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:49 pm

I've had my way with you before, Saved ; ).
    Vesper
    Vesper
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Vesper Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:27 am

Hey Shimada thanks for the app we'll look it over and get back to you asap. One quick question though is why do you have so much haste?
    Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Shimada Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:32 am

@ Vesper: Saved asked me the same thing, and the answer is that I feel more comfortable with the mid-speed energy regen. I like to be able to pop a quick jab/purfiy in time of need, and having the 2nd haste breakpoint gets my rotation back on track more quickly. It is probably time that I try lowering it, as many Mastery build BMs usually stay at 4.5k breakpoint, and I am better at the rotation than I was when I started playing it. Short answer: A comfort thing.
    savedya
    savedya
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by savedya Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:29 am

Do you die twice per fight on shamans or nazgrim?
    Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Shimada Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:32 am

Both. I want to make sure we always cap out on rezzes on every boss.

Last edited by Shimada on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    Garrod
    Garrod
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Garrod Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:23 am

Shimada wrote:Both. I want to make sure we always cap out on rezzes on every boss.

You'll fit right in then.
    Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Shimada Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:37 am

@ Garrod:

Indeed. That is what they are there for right?
    Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Shimada Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:52 am

The majority of my WoL data is from the last couple of months:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/242148/calendar/05-14/
    Vesper
    Vesper
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Vesper Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:57 am

Well we'll be raiding tomorrow night ( June 5) if your available to trial and see how you do. We'll be starting on Thok and working up from there.
    Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Shimada Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Sounds good. Xfer to your realm/faction is pending as we speak. Looking forward to it, and I will do my homework for tanking 25m vs 10m for those bosses.
    Shimada
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Shimada Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:55 pm

I went and did some more Homework after you asked me about my higher haste, Vesper, and found this:

http://totaltt.net/2013/12/12/brm-a-closer-look-at-haste-and-crit/

and

http://totaltt.net/2013/10/06/staggering-beauty/

I am going to mess around with my reforges and see if I can drop my haste down and to around 5k or so, add more Crit in its place, and see how it feels.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:44 am