Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Elorea 578 13/14 H MW monk

Elorea
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Elorea 578 13/14 H MW monk Empty Elorea 578 13/14 H MW monk

Post by Elorea Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:41 pm

Your age: 21

BattleTag: Jhokari#1244

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Elorea/simple

Armory Links of Notable Alts: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Cardiak/simple

World of Logs/WMO Parses: http://www.worldoflo...m/guilds/1240/ They're from a few months ago, but i took a break from Raiding due to Brain Surgery, so it's the only heroic logs i Have for now. Here's a link to Raidbots to help you sort through them: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/thrall/kyloria/

Screenshot of your UI:
    https://imgur.com/C80tIx0
    That's essentially what my UI looks like now. The only difference is that now i use Vuhdu instead of Grid.
    I use ElvUI as my base UI, Vuhdu for raid frames as well as mouse binds, DBM for boss mods, skada, and weak aura's.

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST): Central Time Zone 6:30pm - 1am CST. So, i am available for all of the raid times.

What add-ons do you rely on most?
    If i could, i would argue that all of my add-ons are essentially to my play, however, my two most useful addons are Vudhu and WeakAura's. Vuhdu allows me to centralize my raidframes, and see everything i need to while also allowing me to utilize my naga mouse to bind all of my spells to my mouse very easily. Weakaura's is one of my favorite mods out there. It is light weight, diverse in use, and easy to use. I use it to track Fight mechanics, and in some situations like it more than DBM or BigWigs. I also use it to track CD's and Renewing Mist. It's a great addon and i would strongly recommend it to any player, not just MW's.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    I would be lying if i said that i use a forum like EJ or MMO champ to keep up with my class. I have several friends in top 10 US guilds who play MW monk (Astraios, Styrka in Promethean and Affiniti in BL) Who i speak with regularly. I tend to not get my information second hand. I use different calculators to do my own math and number crunching to theorycraft. I tend to do heavy theorycrafting during PTR and beta phases so that when patches drop i am completely prepared. Unless changes happen mid tier, I'm usually completely set when it comes to theorycrafting after patches drop.  

What previous raid experience do you have?
    Vanilla: Casual

BC: Casual

Wotlk: Casual

Cata: I started raiding in Firelands on a restoration shaman (jhokari) I achieved 4/7 Heroic Pre Dragon Soul, and ended up clearing 7/7H and selling many Firehawks with my guild once Dragon Soul Dropped. During Dragon Soul i continued to raid on my restoration shaman and achieved 6/8H pre nerf, 7/8H with the 5% nerf, and 8/8H with the 10% nerf on 10 man. My group ended up finishing the tier US 70 for 10 mans.

MoP: At the start of MoP i played both a Mistweaver monk (kyloria) and a restoration shaman. I was raiding on both toons at the time full time. I was able to clear the entire tier on heroic minus Heroic Sha pre 5.2, however I went back and killed heroic Sha a few days after 5.2 dropped. Shortly after 5.2 dropped my grandmother died in India, so i had to take the tier off in order to go there and solve a legal battle over her house. I was able to achieve 13/13 Normal and 4/13 Heroic before leaving to take care of my legal work overseas. Upon returning, i was able to quickly catch up and get into the raiding scene again. This time focusing exclusively on my Monk. I am currently 13/14 Heroic in Siege of Orgrimmar.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    For the Majority of my WoW career i was casual as stated above. I'll list my Raiding guilds to make this segment shorter. From Firelands through the Beginning of t14 i was in a guild called Indestructible. I left that guild due to massive leadership changes at the start of MoP that i did not agree with. From there i went to a guild called Sweet Victory on Thrall. I left as i wanted to take progression more seriously again after going overseas to take care of my grandmothers legal issues. I then went to a guild called Ascent. I raided there for the majority of SoO. I left because i had a majory Brain surgery to get rid of a tumor, and when i came back they had gotten another MW monk, and with WoD scaling down, they said that they wouldn't have room for another MW monk when it dropped. I then went to Arch Druid. I am sad to report i was only there a week and did not even raid. The first day of raiding the apartment below mind had a kitchen fire so the entire building was evacuated. I logged onto the Armory app from my phone to let them know i would NOT be able to log on that week to raid due to the circumstances. I guess there was confusion of some sort or a misunderstanding because i was removed from the guild when i logged on later that week.
    Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    I'm going to be pretty blunt with my answer here: You guys have raid times that fit and are conducive to my schedule, don't run with a bloated healing roster, or a massive amount of disc priests, and seem like a really cool bunch. Also, your progression for this tier is very impressive and the type of progression i'm looking for moving forward.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    Tenebrus posted on my recruitment thread.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    I feel like that's a loaded question, so here's my take on it: Am i competitive? absolutely, but not so much on an individual basis as you'd think. I maximize my class and do whatever i can do do the best i can, BUT at the end of the day it's not about me or my epeen. It's about the raid's progression. I am VERY competitive when it comes to my raid groups progression, doing whatever i need to do to help the group. Reroll toons, specs, help with strats, etc. With regards to who i compare the group to? i compare us to us. What i mean by that is lets say that the group was US 50th last tier (random number i know you guys finished 39th for 10 mans). My goal would be to do whatever i can do to help us beat that number as a group for the following tier. Even if that means only advancing the number by one and making US 49th.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks): I'm a 21 year old college student. I Go to school at Illinois State University. I love videogames outside of WoW. D3, Battlefield, pretty much anything on my Play Station 4. I'm a pretty laid back guy, love to hangout, make jokes, do things on alts. I go out to the bars with my friends on weekends. All in all, i'm your average 21 year old.

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    Since i'm currently single, no. However, i'm still trying to figure out if this question is a sexual innuendo or not.
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Elorea 578 13/14 H MW monk Empty Re: Elorea 578 13/14 H MW monk

Post by Yttrius Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Last question has no innuendos involved. It's a legitimate activity for young couples.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:09 pm