Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oromiselda-576 Hunter

Oromiselda
    Oromiselda
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Oromiselda-576 Hunter Empty Oromiselda-576 Hunter

Post by Oromiselda Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Your age: 24.

BattleTag: Oromiselda#1537

Armory Link of Main:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Oromiselda/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts:

World of Logs/WMO Parses:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/344/ (Only thing of note is all of these logs are while raid leading. While that doesn't mean I get to do 60k less dps, I'm highest dps quite often, but if I were able to sit there, dps, and do nothing but that role while avoiding mechanics instead of worrying about everyone else, coordinating, marking, calling things out etc....I can push out more.

Screenshot of your UI:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejVJYVZoi8

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST):
    Sun-Wed currently.

What add-ons do you rely on most?
    DBM, Weak Auras, TukUI, Hakagure for raid leading.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    Really not a hell of alot of Hunter resources. Mostly my own theorycrafting, asking a few buds that still raid in the top 50 scene etc. Log browsing.

What previous raid experience do you have?
    I used to raid in the top 50-100 scene in a few different guilds. OBSCURE REFERENCE, Roll Initiative to name two from Tier 10-Tier 13. I took some time off after H Spine to go casual due to real life, and made my own guild on Earthen Ring. I've been raid leading there since.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    Roll Initiative, Tier 11/12- Raid leader went to Premonition
    OBSCURE REFERENCE- Had to go casual due to irl complications
    Catch Phrase- My own team is going on hiatus due to people needing to take a break for rl stuff, and I have no drive to recruit when so many 10's are recruiting for WoD at the same time. Plus my irl obligations don't allow me to put forth the time I'd like to in order to do the job right.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    From what it seems you guys can get things done and from what I'm told by your recruit officer or whatever rank he is that you can do so in a professional and courteous manner. Meaning you don't feel the need to rage every raid over silly things, make the raid environment hostile etc. I realize that it's warranted sometimes. I've raid led the past year or so, so I do know, but some just enjoy to scream and whine and cry 24/7 for someones first mistake on a mechanic 3rd time seeing the fight. Not cool. on top of that I like what you guys are doing competitiveness wise with taking people, making them fight for spots for 25 man and by extension 20 man. That's a good thing.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    I was contacted through my post on the recruitment forums.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    I'm very competitive. I compete against others but it's against myself in essence. I compete by comparing my damage, whether it's in logs or in raid, and challenge myself to beat someone else. I don't do it to beat them, i do it as a challenge to myself. It annoys me when I get beat, whether they have a bunch more gear than me or the same level.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    My name is Andy. I'm in my 3rd year of a computer science degree, and I work at the same time, although neither interfere with raid. I play this game to raid. That being said I put every bit of my effort and time into being as efficient and skilled at raiding. Not PvP, not pet battling...raiding. I come from a competitive background irl and in game. I've played Junior hockey, I've played in some roaming junior PGA golf tournaments while in high school, everything I do I have to be as good as I can possibly be. And I catch on to stuff fast. This transitioned VERY well into this game. I'm a super laid back dude and very low maintenance. I just want to log on, kill some stuff with friends, and chill. Not really interested in an elitist "I'm better than this guy because" environment. Every guild I've enjoyed being in had the community of people who, while we all weren't a giant family in most, still were respectful and cool with each other. That's what I'm looking for overall. Hopefully it'll be a good fit.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 am