Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Tenebrus
Just Ian
Dõuglas
Zombie240
xzand
slayvoff
10 posters

581 BM Hunter

slayvoff
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

581 BM Hunter Empty 581 BM Hunter

Post by slayvoff Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Your age: 25

BattleTag: slayvoff#1366

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Slayv%C3%B6ff/simple

Armory Links of Notable Alts: I hav a 519 prot warrior but he's hardly notable Sad

World of Logs/WMO Parses: I don't have any. I realize this is probably a huge knife to the heart for my app but my guild leadership doesn't run it and I've never learned how to set up an account and do all that.

Screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/p7vd5xs.jpg

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST): Any day, but yes these nights work.

What add-ons do you rely on most? Recount Wink. Seriously though, all the typical add-ons. I use the voice mods add-on as well as DBM though because instead of reading around on the screen, I can now listen to the woman's voice and not distract my eyes. Lui allows me to set up my action bars how I like so everything is where I like and need it.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    askmrrobot, elitistjerks, female dwarf mostly

What previous raid experience do you have?
    I started playing in BC and eventually got into BT and SWP. Upon WOTLK, I leveled up and found a home with a great korgath guild, afterlife, and progressed through naxx, ulduar and then ICC, clearing each of these with various hardmodes. Upon MoP, I came back and got back into the rhythm. Starte with BoT and cleared heroic BoT, TFW, FL, DS, and MV. Then I took a bit of a back seat for a bit due to real life things, and starting full time again with SoO. Been raiding constantly since.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    Afterlife (Korgath) - I left them because of the break I took after Lich King and throughout Cata
    Slave to the Grind - they were a completely social guild I joined after coming back, to get in the rhythm. Lacked any competitive nature and a lot of incompetence.
    Crimson Lotus - Leaving them now. GF had a seizure a few hours before raid time so I texted my GM I couldn't make it bc i was at her place looking after her and all I got back was an apathetic "k" with no concern for me or her. Upon logging on the next day instead of anyone asking how she is, i took a lot of shit for missing the raid. Cannot tolerate such disrespect.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    Well for one I like your goal that was posted in my thread under guild recruitment. Clear each raid in WoD on heroic in under 2months, works for me! That is the competitive nature I crave. I am hungry for it. The atmosphere of not dbags, not bads, not trolls" works for me as well. Trolling is cool if it's a funny troll and in minor doses, but that teenage constant annoying immature trolling...ugh, ain't nobody got time for that! From what I gather it's a competent, more adult atmosphere and I'm sure there is plenty of room for joking around, but at the appropriate times and in appropriate doses.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    Tenebrus posted your charter in my Guild Recruitment thread

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    Yes, absolutely. I compete against myself and others in the raid, but most importantly against other guilds on the server. Once I hit a new level of performance on any given fight, that's my new benchmark. If I perform lower/worse than that again, then I consider it a failure because I know I can and should do better. All you DPSers know you like seeing your name at the top of recount. Regardless of your uptime on a boss due to kiting or adds or whatever it may be, no one likes to see their name down on the list. That natural instinct alone makes me compete against my guildies. Not in a throat slitting way. More friendly competition when I know someone well enough, and I use it as my personal motivation.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    Well I am from CA, moved to NY last year to attend Columbia Law School. 1L year is done now, and I was able to raid consistently during the hardest year so my attendance is absolutely nothing to be worried about. I stay active and am still exploring the city. I like to hang around online too and do random shit, also play some other games. Overall I am pretty laid back but also really intense at times. But I always put people first, it's just a game at the end of the day and that is why I am leaving my current guild. It was shown they don't give a fuck about me as a person.

BONUS question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    Only if there's time after underwater basket weaving
    xzand
    xzand
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

581 BM Hunter Empty Re: 581 BM Hunter

Post by xzand Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:32 am

We don't accept applicants without logs, so you'll need to arrange for a way to get some.

The best option would be for you to make a warcraft logs account and log yourself running a flex or normal SoO. Even LFR is better than nothing. Setup takes about 2 minutes.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4392-warcraftlogs-a-comprehensive-guide/

If that's absolutely not an option, contact me in game at klino#1694. We might be able to set up a flex run with some guildies sometime later in the week to see how you perform.
    Zombie240
    Zombie240
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Zombie240 Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:19 am

xzand
    xzand
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by xzand Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:21 am

Cool. I'll peer pressure Nate into taking a look.
    Dõuglas
    Dõuglas
    Probably One of Kuze's Alts
    Probably One of Kuze's Alts

Post by Dõuglas Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Any reason for BM over Survival? (Not a trick question, just wondering)
    Zombie240
    Zombie240
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Zombie240 Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Tenebrus
    Tenebrus
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Tenebrus Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Damn. Doug is like the app nazi.
    Btw. Guild bank needs more Flasks of the Farm Sun. Kthx
    Tenebrus
    Tenebrus
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Tenebrus Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Warm Sum too*
    Tenebrus
    Tenebrus
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Tenebrus Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Are you fucking kidding me.
    This piece of shit autocorrect faggotness.

FLASK OF THE WARM SUN
    slayvoff
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by slayvoff Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Banzad wrote:Any reason for BM over Survival? (Not a trick question, just wondering)

I have tested both specs and I personally do more dps with BM than SV and because I enjoy all 3 specs just as much I do whatever is best for the group.

As far as those logs they were only posted by my GM because some of us were testing out various things that raid and it's the only real log available bc our GM never posts the logs and only he has access. I didn't link them because they're not exactly a valid representation.

Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:38 pm

slayvoff wrote:
    Banzad wrote:Any reason for BM over Survival? (Not a trick question, just wondering)

I have tested both specs and I personally do more dps with BM than SV and because I enjoy all 3 specs just as much I do whatever is best for the group.

As far as those logs they were only posted by my GM because some of us were testing out various things that raid and it's the only real log available bc our GM never posts the logs and only he has access. I didn't link them because they're not exactly a valid representation.

In this case, is there a way you could go get some current logs for us. Even if they have to be Flex or Normal, they are better than nothing.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Tenebrus wrote:Damn. Doug is like the app nazi.
    Btw. Guild bank needs more Flasks of the Farm Sun. Kthx

Don't worry friend, I gotchu.
    slayvoff
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by slayvoff Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Banzad wrote:
    slayvoff wrote:

In this case, is there a way you could go get some current logs for us. Even if they have to be Flex or Normal, they are better than nothing.
    Sure, I can queue for some flex wings and get picked up quick I'm sure. LFR with stacks of determination would skew numbers.

The reason I don't have any recent parses is b/c we have extended our lockout for the past month for progression reasons.
    savedya
    savedya
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by savedya Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:13 pm

slayvoff wrote:
    The reason I don't have any recent parses is b/c we have extended our lockout for the past month for progression reasons.

This is just my opinion, and I'm not an officer, but I find logs from an extended lockout on a boss more interesting than logs from flex. We're interested in your ability to handle heroic mechanics, not flex mechanics.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 pm

savedya wrote:
    slayvoff wrote:

This is just my opinion, and I'm not an officer,  but I find logs from an extended lockout on a boss more interesting than logs from flex. We're interested in your ability to handle heroic mechanics, not flex mechanics.

Agreed. I actually read this as your guild wasn't logging for progression, which now that I think about it would be very odd. If you have progression logs, please link us those.
    slayvoff
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by slayvoff Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:30 pm

well that I have. here is last tuesday's which was posted:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t2y2bka2zbcyigno/sum/damageDone/?s=10169&e=10362

I personally think our siegecrafter method was stupid, it had me helping our gm with every other belt, which meant a lot more downtime for me running back and forth from belts to boss, who was being tanked across the room. But it's his way or the highway.

We started the approach correctly, with us doing every belt. But other people had problems with mechanics so it kept getting changed around until we ended up with the strategy we now have.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Just my two cents:

Looking at Paragons, it's good to see you're using Dire Beast + Glaive Toss. Most pulls that you don't get mutated your serpent sting uptime seems to be pretty spot on, however the pull linked below seems to be a major outlier.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t2y2bka2zbcyigno/details/10/?s=9352&e=9583

Could you explain why it was so much lower on that pull?

In terms of Paragons, you only seemed to die to unavoidable damage. However, on Siegecrafter you died to some shockwave missiles and such. Was this just bad timing coming off the belts, using them to die during a wipe, etc.?
    slayvoff
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by slayvoff Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:05 pm

I'll look at the link when I get home butt for siegecrafter my deaths are pretty much to wipe the attempt quicker. After belt 3 when I'd have to make my way back to the group sometimes it would be the biggest cluster fuck you've seen to get back especially when people were handle locked on improperly.
    xzand
    xzand
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by xzand Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:06 pm

slayvoff wrote:the biggest cluster fuck you've seen

Oh, I doubt that.
    Zombie240
    Zombie240
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Zombie240 Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:07 pm

xzand wrote:

Oh, I doubt that.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Zombie240 wrote:
    xzand wrote:

Oh, I doubt that.
    slayvoff
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by slayvoff Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Banzad wrote:
    Zombie240 wrote:
    xzand wrote:

Oh, I doubt that.
    slayvoff
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by slayvoff Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:49 pm

also Banzad, I believe my dps was lower on that fight because I was mutated a couple times and still was getting accustomed to it as well as trying to find a parasite to bite. I may have been mutated while cooldowns were up as well, but yeah that's what it appears to be.
    Zombie240
    Zombie240
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Zombie240 Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:54 pm

Nothing worse than getting that first mutate -_-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:22 am