Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Jimmydimmick 535 Frost dk LF progression raiding group.

Motograter
    Motograter
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Jimmydimmick 535 Frost dk LF progression raiding group. Empty Jimmydimmick 535 Frost dk LF progression raiding group.

Post by Motograter Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Your age: 38

BattleTag:Nobsdps#1334

Armory Link of Main:  

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Jimmydimmick/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts:

My priest is the only other character that I have raided on.  I healed all through Firelands and Dragon Soul however this was with a very casual raid team. Alts: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Healingpains/advanced

World of Logs/WMO Parses:  

The guild I am currently with does not parse our runs sadly and I simply have not bothered to do it.  But on my wow-heroes link you can find the most recent parses that I have at the moment.  Here is my wow-heroes link http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Lightbringer/jimmydimmick/

Screenshot of your UI:

Here is a link to Ji'kun twitch feed so you can actually see my UI in action.  Please excuse my being in blood presence at the start of the fight,  last pull our nest team went crazy and we had both tanks get crushed I switched to blood long enough to hold boss and battle rez a tank in an attempt to finish the boss.  I simply forgot to switch back to frost after regrouping for next attempt.
    http://www.twitch.tv/jimmydimmick/c/2874533

Your weekly raid availability (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Mon 6-9:30pm PST):

I fell down a ladder cage at work in 2009 which resulted in extensive injuries to my neck and shoulder,   requiring surgery on both.  I had shoulder surgery in Feb. 2010 and just had the neck fusion surgery the 18th of July.  I am currently being told that I have roughly a year before I can even consider returning to any form of work so my availability is open for any day of the week at any time for the most part other than Friday nights as that is my sons football game nights and I feel that supporting him in his adventures is more important than playing this game.

What add-ons do you rely on most?  

I use a multitude of addons.  I rely on Dkdots to monitor my diseases (works amazing for keeping track of increased disease damage for playing unholy).  I also run clcDK to help me with rotation and to monitor the cooldown for Pillar of Frost and it's cooldown.  I know that this is most likely not the best choice in regards to damage throughput,  but using the addon helps open up my attention to raid positioning and timers for abilities that the boss is preparing to use.  I recently started using Need to Know to monitor procs and stacks for my trinkets,  Unholy strength, and the tinker on my gloves.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?  

I browse through Noxxic, Icyveins, Elitistjerks for the most part.  I also watch countless videos just to see how other deathknights position and cooldown usage during different encounters.

What previous raid experience do you have?  

For the most part my raiding has been with casual guilds.  I have raided with the guild Rustlemania which was at the time 2nd on the realm for raid progression on Nordrassil US.  They are currently ranked as #1 on the realm.  
    We would have maintained the #1 position all through tier 14 but we lost our main tank due disagreements in management of the guild.  Then we lost our off tank which replaced the main tank due to real life issues.  Nordrassil is a horrible realm to recruit on for actual progression raiding and replacing two quality tanks within a short period was very detrimental to our progression.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?  

I left Nordrassil after stepping down from raiding with Rustlemania due to physical health issues seriously affecting my comfort level in real life while attempting to play the game for long periods of time.  Those issues have now been corrected enough to allow extended periods of play time through surgery on my neck.  

I found a guild that had the idea of progression raiding which was called Pulp Fiction on Duskwood US.  We moved that guild to Lightbringer in hopes that recruiting would be better.  That guild had mediocre progression until our raid lead and GM decided that his internet girl friend was going to raid with the group despite her inability to perform on par with the rest of the group.  The other officers and myself went to the GM/Raid Lead with our position on her healing in the raid.  To which we were told she is going to raid despite every officer and the rest of the entire group feeling that she was holding us back.  Because myself and our lead healer tried to make the Raid lead see that this was not what was best for the group and that he was making a decision that not only affected him and his girlfriend,  but 8 other people as well,  we were both kicked from the guild.  This resulted in the raid group following us and forming our own guild called Exìle.  That is the guild I am currently in.  

I am leaving this guild because of the very casual attitude of all but 3-4 of the raid members when it comes to progression.  Our main tank and main healer both have characters that are 13/13 on heroic and are very good raiders.  So progression for them is done,  they are consistently upset because at times it seems as if they want the group to progress more than the majority of 6-7 people out of the raid team.  The people who don't have a progression attitude talk constantly during progression fights making it almost impossible to call things out or coordinate things to deal with mechanics.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?

After being contacted by Darka in response to a post I made on the WoW recruitment forums I pulled up the guild on wowprogress.com,  I watched some of the videos of the kills from the links provided (I believe those videos are from Team Baine).  So I followed the links on the guild webpage to twitch feeds for Team Vol'jin.  I like that people are not speaking over each other during the fights.  Everyone seems to be very coordinated in the attempts that I saw.  If someone makes a mistake it looks as though they are harder on themselves than the group is as a whole.  

The fact that multiple people stream the raid is a very big bonus as research can be done from different points of view.  This means that as a melee I can use an outside perspective to assess my positioning during an encounter as well as my own stream.  

I like the idea of being in a group that is like minded in their goals when it comes to progression being complete in a timely manner in regards to boss nerfs and tier current content.  I also believe that having multiple fully capable raid teams creates a friendly rivalry between them all.  From what I have seen from the videos I have watched of the raid teams I can see that all of your raiders are very knowledgeable within their class and spec.  From experience usually people who are exceptional at one class or spec strives to achieve that level on their alts as well.  Due to this I think there are some things that I am missing or simply forget about in a raid situation that could improve my performance.  I feel that I could learn from some of the raiders and improve my overall play.  Not only on my deathknight but also on the alts that I do play on occasion.    

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?

Darka replied to a post I made on the WoW recruitment forums.

Tell us about yourself, to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

As I stated at the top of the application I am 38.  I have been playing WoW since late 2008.  I am a Marine,  even though my enlistment ended in 97'.  My family is more important than anything else.  I play the game not only for the game itself but for the people in my guild.  If I don't feel like there are multiple people in my guild whom I consider friends even without ever meeting them face to face,  then I don't get near the enjoyment from playing.  The game is a 50/50 split for me between the game itself and the people that I interact with while playing.

My wife says that the reason I enjoy the game so much is in part due to my service in the Corps.  The group mentality,  dedicating my time to individuals that I feel I have an obligation to in regards to doing my best.  I feel that making a commitment to a guild and a raid team is much like making a commitment to friends or family and that they should be treated with the same respect.  

As I described above I have some injuries that prevent me from working until I have recovered so I have pretty much all day to fill my time.  I don't sleep much so I am logged into the game at all hours of the day and night.  Sometimes I am logged in and doing nothing while watching television or doing something on a second monitor.  I have characters spread across a couple of realms on horde and alliance (I don't really care for alliance though and prefer to play horde).  I want a guild that finally makes me comfortable enough that I actually want to move all of my crafting characters to that realm.  

I have one of every profession except leatherworking and the only classes I don't have an 85 or a 90 of are a warlock, rogue and monk.  I have a monk that is upper lvl 70's (possibly low 80 as I haven't been on it in a while).  I lost interest in leveling it due to frustration with the game due to my current raiding environment.  Raiding is what I love most about the game.  Challenging myself is what drives me and keeps me interested.  Clearing content that I have cleared multiple times on the same character gets boring quickly without any form of progression.  Getting new gear is great,  but my opinion is that if something drops and it is a bigger upgrade for someone else,  then they should take that piece simply because it benefits the group more.  

My computer is a custom build that I did myself (first computer build).  Building it was something that I enjoyed so much that I am currently building another system for my youngest son.  My build consists of

Coolermaster Haf X case
    FX-8350 CPU water cooled
    XFX Radeon 7950 3gig GPU
    8 gig Ram (waiting for a sale to upgrade to 16gigs)
    Asus M5A99FX Pro mobo

Currently everything is stock clocked.

I guess to conclude this app I would say that if anyone has any further questions please feel free to ask,  if you would like to speak to me in vent or ts I can be available to do so and would actually prefer it at some point not only so you can get a feel for me as a person but also so I can get a feel for the members of your guild as well.  A one way relationship won't last and I would like to make sure that not only am I a good fit for your guild,  but that your guild is a good fit for me as well.  Thank you for taking the time to consider my application.
    Loki
    Loki
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Jimmydimmick 535 Frost dk LF progression raiding group. Empty Re: Jimmydimmick 535 Frost dk LF progression raiding group.

Post by Loki Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Not trying to steal you from Darka or anything. However if Darka ends up not having a spot for you, Team NCS might just have a position available here soon. Just something to keep in mind.
    Motograter
    Motograter
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Jimmydimmick 535 Frost dk LF progression raiding group. Empty Re: Jimmydimmick 535 Frost dk LF progression raiding group.

Post by Motograter Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:01 pm

That's awesome Loki. I talked with Darka last night for quite a while in vent and will be transferring over Sunday night after I run with the group here so that I don't leave them hanging. I transferred my farming druid just a little bit ago so I will be contacting one of you soon about an invite so I can start to get to know people ahead of time.

I am really excited and looking forward to getting started with the new patch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:23 am