Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Survive - 571 DW Frost DK

Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Survive - 571 DW Frost DK Empty Survive - 571 DW Frost DK

Post by Just Ian Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:26 am

Your age: 19

BattleTag: BlizzardPls#1178

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Survive/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts: None

World of Logs/WMO Parses: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/37JQWfq6Bzn4Rw9X (This log was done when I was roughly 560 ilvl, since our guild didn't log the last two weeks of raiding, it seems. I was gearing up at this time since the guild needed me to switch to DK.)

Screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/M99pQWu.jpg

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST): I can raid Sunday through Thursday 8-12 PM EST every night.

What add-ons do you rely on most? I rely on DKDiseases when I play Unholy (I'd like to have a 2H weapon for some fights to switch, like Galakras and Spoils) and WeakAuras for all specs. I also rely on DecUI, my ElvUI edit, as well as DBM to make sure I'm fully aware of everything going on in the raid at any time.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class? I'm a pretty consistent user of the forums on Elitist Jerks and MMO-Champion. I've asked questions myself, and I answer others that I know the definitive answer to. I additionally keep myself up to date with Destiny Softworks, Mendenbarr's blog. He's a really solid DK theorycrafter.

What previous raid experience do you have? I have played since beta, taking breaks here and there. The only raid tiers I completely missed were Ulduar, T11 (for PvP) and T12. Every other tier I saw the top end fights, such as Illidan, Heroic Lich King, Heroic Madness, etc. I've led semi-hardcore progression guilds and been a part of hardcore progression guilds as well.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving? In T14, I was in a guild called Maniacal on Darkspear, which fell apart quickly due to lack of progression. I took a quick break from the game and came back to join Catch Phrase on Earthen Ring. I was late to the tier and only got roughly half of the heroics done in ToT, but rolled with Catch Phrase into Tier 16. We got to 11/14 down, and also got really close to a Klaxxi kill, but the guild fell apart due to members being burnt out and key members leaving.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)? I feel that I'm ready for something more. More responsibility, more progression, and more challenge. I know that I can live up to the standard of your guild and I want to be a part of higher progression. I also want to be in a group where a high standard is set. The kind of group where I know I have to push myself to meet the standard, and I know everyone else has to do the same. I've never been somewhere when that high of a standard is set, but I know that being in an environment where one is makes everyone work to achieve it, and that promotes quicker, better progression.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)? Oromiselda recommended that I app.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specify other)? I am very competitive by nature. I strive to be the best in anything I do, be it school, work, sports, or video games. I generally compete against others, and this can be in the guild and on parse rankings. However, I don't do this to boost my ego, I do this because I hold the philosophy that there is always someone better than you. In other words, there's no reason to ever stop striving to be the best. Working hard to try to beat someone else is a way for me to set a goal and strive to be the best I can possibly be at my class. In addition, I tend to compete against myself. Every attempt, I think about what I could have done better and work to do it better in the next attempt. Progression is essentially constant improvement, and I feel if I'm improving myself bit by bit I'm contributing to progression.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks): I'm a 19 year old undergraduate student at the University of Tennessee, though next year I'm transferring to University of Memphis for a job opportunity working in the IT department of a large investments firm. I study Computer Engineering currently, and I'm pretty passionate about it. I'm also a runner, and I plan to run Cross Country for Memphis in the fall (I didn't run for Tennessee because I wanted to focus on schoolwork) as long as it shouldn't conflict with the balance I want to maintain between school, work, and raiding. I go to the gym regularly to stay in shape (probably another reason why I'm pretty competitive). I'm also a percussionist, and I have been in a few bands, though none were very successful. All in all, I'm a laid back guy, I like to compete for my own self improvement, and I know when to get serious.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Survive - 571 DW Frost DK Empty Re: Survive - 571 DW Frost DK

Post by Cobane Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:36 am

Thank you for the app! First of app, props on your legs transmog. Funny. Second, I wish you provided logs more current with your gear so I could more accurately judge your Blood Charge usage based on values I'm used to seeing.

I'd like to talk in mumble.
    Kelonaar
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Kelonaar Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:45 am

Checked out the logs you posted and everything seems well for the most part. Only thing I noticed was you tended to have about an 80-90% uptime of blood plague, which may be something worth checking out/working on. Other than that, it looks like you know to not stand in the fire and all that important stuff. Newer logs definitely would've been a plus like Cobane said, but overall I'd say I have no complaints here.

I do have to ask though, is your UI always that zoomed in or was it cause you had your back to the wall by the dummies? Cause it looks like you're trying to play in first person there haha.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:19 am

Trial offered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:07 am