Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Deathcult - Aff Warlock - CLOSED

Deathcult
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Deathcult - Aff Warlock - CLOSED Empty Deathcult - Aff Warlock - CLOSED

Post by Deathcult Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Character Name: Deathcult
    Class: Warlock
    Talent Spec: 56/0/15 - 3/13/55

Your age: 28

Your weekly raid availability (We raid Fri/Sat 6-10pm server + Sun 4-8 server):

I am available the majority of these days/evenings. I do have a part-time military commitment that I must attend one weekend per month (on average), but even on these weekends, I may be able to make it depending on the schedule.

What add-ons do you use (Check our Information for Raiders page to see our required mods)?

Omen, DBM, DoTtimer

Do you have access to Vent?

Yes (can hear and talk)

What sort of tools (calculators, builders, spreadsheets, etc.) do you use to plan your characters (if any)?

I use an Excel spreadsheet posted on elitistjerks for 3.3.5

Provide the armory link to the character you are applying with:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&cn=Deathcult

List any ICC 25 achievements you have (Ideally you should have none):

None, I have had zero luck getting into ICC pugs...my GS is a bit lower than typically asked for.

Please include a screenshot of your UI:

I posted a screenshot, then edited it out. I use the standard UI, bottom bars and two side bars, zero modifications.

What are your best in slot items for each slot from ICC 10 heroic mode (Give us your gear wishlist)?

I'm going to leave this blank, as I admittedly have no clue what drops or from where. My lack of really any previous raid experience explains this. I am less interested in gear than I am in progressing, although I realize that higher gear levels, in part, make this possible.

What previous raid experience do you have?

Very little, and nothing serious to speak of. I have not step foot in ICC as I am not geared well enough to get into most pugs. I have had the opportunity to tank ToC 10-man, and have downed some bosses in VoA; only recently on Deathcult.

What guilds have you been a member of?

I have had this toon for awhile and will try and remember...I put him on the shelf to tank for about a year, so my recollection may be a bit off.

Euphoria
    The Omega Contingency
    Lost In Illusion
    Deception (most recent)

Why did you leave your previous and current guilds?

Euphoria was a leveling guild, and I believe I left to join Omega in the hopes of getting some raid exp.
    Omega Contingency...I don't really remember, to be honest. I think I may have taken a break from the game, and even transferred to Alliance at one point to play with friends (Lost In Illusion).
    Lost In Illusion fell apart when the Guild Master /gquit to join a raid guild.
    Deception's raid schedule did not match my availability.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?

I am only interested in 10-man, most importantly. From what few 25-man pugs I have been a part of, it seems like a logistical nightmare getting everyone to show up on time, be prepared, know the fights (even if I only watched the TankSpot video), not disconnect, not leave early, etc. Secondly, the raid schedule revolves around the weekend, when I have the most free time. Additionally, after reviewing the website and looking through some other applications, the process seems mature and professional without being condescending; all attributes I am sure spill over into the raid environment.

Tell us about yourself, to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

I work full-time, am in school full-time working on my second degree, have a part-time military commitment, and am laying the groundwork for a new business, which is one of the first of it's kind. Balance this with several hours of time in the gym every week and a bit of golf, my WoW time can be very limited. Despite this I have been playing off-and-on since TBC launched and have had many alts. I think for the first time (thanks in no small part to the random dungeon finder and badge gear) I am able to attend raids and would like to do so.

I saw one of your members mention in /trade that SoA was possibly recruiting for the expansion. While I would like to see some of ICC, I have a bit of a history of "clearing" content an expansion late (can you say Kara), and think I may be able to fit into the guild better in that aspect of the game when the time comes, better than I may currently fit in.

Thank you for your time
    Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Deathcult - Aff Warlock - CLOSED Empty Re: Deathcult - Aff Warlock - CLOSED

Post by Jayden Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Hey Deathcult-

Thanks for applying to SoA! We would like to trial you. Look for an invite on your in-game calendar for this weekend's raids. In the meantime, please /join SoAtrials. We use this channel as a way to group with and get to know applicants outside of raids.

We will try to get you in sometime this weekend if you are available but it probably will not be for ICC.

*Jayden/Deezd
    Deathcult
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Deathcult Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 am

Sounds good, Jayden. This weekend is one such weekend where I have to go play soldier, but I should be around a bit.
    Deathcult
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Deathcult Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:40 pm

You guys are in ICC, so posting here

Good running with you guys, even if I did learn that God himself plays WoW and he rolled a Paladin...

Give me your criticism and opinion on the fights, I can take it. In fact, I'll start: "don't walk into a warr's LOLstorm, dumbass"
    Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Post by Jayden Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:05 am

Deathcult wrote:Good running with you guys, even if I did learn that God himself plays WoW and he rolled a Paladin...

Hahahaha. Just be happy you're not a druid. "God" hates druids with a passion. He loves sheep though Wink

Deathcult wrote:Give me your criticism and opinion on the fights, I can take it. In fact, I'll start: "don't walk into a warr's LOLstorm, dumbass"

I wasn't there tonight for the TOC portion of the raid, but imo, the PvP fight (Faction Champions) is not a good fight to test a trial PVE player. This fight is in the top 10 most difficult fights for our guild when it was current content.

Rafi
    Rafi
    Level 52 Warrior
    Level 52 Warrior

Post by Rafi Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:59 am

So Jay, by that reasoning it is the PERFECT fight to trial people.

We should use TOGC more often. All kinds of evocative mechanics. Of course, then we'd have to go through Heroic Champs more often ...
    Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Post by Jayden Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:21 pm

It's a PvP fight. It's inconsistent. Running into the bad doesn't look good.

However, if we are looking for an applicant to execute mechanics and perform on par to the rest of the guild, our performance was major suck on that fight when it was current content.
    Deathcult
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Deathcult Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:10 pm

The fun continues

Today I can't even get WoW to open...I click "Play" and WoW will not load, computer gives me an error message saying the program has stopped working.

Going to re-install...the patch alone took me almost 2 whole days to download earlier this week, so I don't expect to be done today.
    MacKnIss
    MacKnIss
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by MacKnIss Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Deathcult wrote:Going to re-install...the patch alone took me almost 2 whole days to download earlier this week, so I don't expect to be done today.

Ouch! You need to move over to Manitoba, we have a great ISP. I downloaded the patch in just a couple of hours. I hope the re-install helps out as many people have had to do so according to the tech support forums on the WoW Website.
    Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Post by Jayden Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:07 am

Check out my "Cog of Doom" post in General section if your character is getting frozen! The macro works wonders. Blizz needs to fix this fast, idc if they are all at Blizzcon. They make too much money to use that as an excuse.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:27 am

Haven't heard from you in a while. We've started raiding again. Reply if you want to continue trial.
    Deathcult
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Deathcult Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Howdy

Logged into the game for the first time in awhile...obviously I'm not even level capped and way behind.

Thank you for allowing me to trial with you guys, wish my schedule now was more conducive to continue to roll with you guys. You guys are cool and I had fun.

Best of luck you all of you in conquering Cata. Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:30 am