Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Krayik - 576 Feral Druid

KrayikCat
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Krayik - 576 Feral Druid Empty Krayik - 576 Feral Druid

Post by KrayikCat Wed May 21, 2014 3:00 am

Your age:22

BattleTag: Krayik#1995

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Krayik/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts:(Main 5.0-5.4) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Kall%C3%ACk/advanced

World of Logs/WMO Parses: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j1w9yfgnyik0icz9/sum/damageDone/?enc=kills

I've been raid leading since 5.2, and I've let mechanics and calls overtake my focus on dps. This was the last fresh week we did.

Screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/8Gd6xqn.jpg

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST): I'm available 24/7 currently. Classes are out and I'm between jobs. 

What add-ons do you rely on most? Aff Dots w/Feral Plugin and Tell Me When are the only real PvE addons I have to really fuss with. OmniCC is nice at a glance, but I can play without it.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class? I discuss with top end ferals namely Fae@Magtheridon, or through the forums to ferals like Stenhaldi. I also sim using resources such as Rawr before switching to Catus now. I also spend a notable amount of time experimenting with different builds in my free time.

What previous raid experience do you have? I've always been behind sticking with friends filling roles that are needed just clearing content on normal basically. Nothing noteworthy.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving? Amplify@Blackrock is a combination of two 10m guilds that combined for WoD. Currently progression as well as creating too much of a passive environment where people are too scared to tell others that they are fucking up holding the guild back.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)? I know a couple people involved in the guild, but I'd like to actually see end content while it is relevant. I've always dropped down to a casual level to help friends and now I'd actually like to push and finish out the content.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)? I was looking for a new guild as mine is melting, and Hakushi recommended me this way.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)? I love competition. It's the main thing that keeps me raiding. It allows me to measure myself and gives me others to push myself against and improve. Without competition raiding is boring as hell.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks): As a player I focus mechanics first then DPS, I've been raid leading for a bit over a year now, and have missed about four raid days in that time, three of those were when my internet was cut by the grounds keeper at my apt and it took a week to fix. I want to actually get in to an environment of similar minded people who actually want to clear content (which Shades already has so I am a bit behind) but also keep improving while being able to enjoy it at the same time. I have a thick skin, don't like to beat around the bush or talk too much. I want to focus on my role and make sure I do it as perfectly as I can, then do it better the next time. I also have no issue with going outside the normal idea of my role to improve an encounter (ie tanking Malk for 45 seconds on 25m H with HotW when a tank D/C's so the MT can drop stacks). Anything I can do to help the encounter go smoother.

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<

I had to google this to figure out what it is, and I'm still not sure.
    Vesper
    Vesper
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Krayik - 576 Feral Druid Empty Re: Krayik - 576 Feral Druid

Post by Vesper Wed May 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Hey Krayik, Thanks for the app we'll look everything over and get back to you lickety-split
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Wed May 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Just an analysis of your logs (I'm doing Sha of Pride since you do the knockback strat on Iron Jug):

Your rip uptime seems very low. I understand that this isn't a "lolsimcrafttime" fight, but even if you are soaking rifts on cooldown, the uptime shouldn't be that low. Any reason why it was?

I personally would like to see more rakes during trinket procs. With the right procs, a rake is stronger than a mangle, based on mastery and attack power.

Why don't you play Dream of Cenarius. You could be pushing out significantly more damage. It is especially important when playing with a Rune of Re-Origination.

Make sure you aren't using Clearcasting on mangles, unless it's a case where it procs as you're pressing the button or something. That's different.

Your savage roar uptime was pretty low (only 75.2%). When running glyph of savagery, it should never go below 95%. Remember that if you are doing nothing else, there is no reason not to spam savage roar. This allows you to come back to the boss with a 15 second Savage Roar, which is a dps increase no matter how you look at it.

With all that said, your dps isn't bad and you do a lot of stuff right. You're also a feral, and being a perfect feral is pretty much impossible. I also thought you put your app together very well. If you give some explanations for some of the things I pointed out, I'm sure it would do nothing but help your application.

Edit: I'd like to commend you on playing treants as feral. That is the first step to being a god level feral.
    KrayikCat
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by KrayikCat Wed May 21, 2014 5:19 pm

I've been raid leading these last two tiers and it isn't much of an excuse but I've been playing Treant/HotW on fights where I need to watch people, because well, to be honest I had to babysit people on some fights more than just lead them (one reason I'd like to move on to a new guild) and without having to watch DoC it simplified my DPS.

For a little while after I got H AoC I was doing FoN / DoC which was honestly my most preferred play style with AoC due to the extra energy largely removing the need for SotF, at least in most cases.

For sha I typically focused on double soaking as many rifts as possible, and running to every prison since numerous times we'd have deaths due to people tunneling and I just went out of my way to make sure the fight went as smooth as possible rather than being done "right" since that was the fastest way to get it done at that point.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Wed May 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Fair enough, and while raid leading isn't an excuse, it is a hinderance. I'm sure Cobane, and any other raid leader I have ever raided under, will agree. I respect your decision to play HotW because of that. Your damage is still up to par for sure. I definitely like it.
    KrayikCat
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by KrayikCat Wed May 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Yeah, I've actually saved the raid with HotW a few times, a big tranq has saved a few lives as well as being able to tank the boss for 45 seconds. I won't knock the ability on that. I'd like to be in a situation where I didn't feel it was needed though.
    Hakushi
    Hakushi
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Hakushi Wed May 21, 2014 9:27 pm

Raid leading isn't an excuse. Do you see me using it as an excuse when I raid lead you? No? Bitches.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Wed May 21, 2014 10:32 pm

He has my vote. His performance on Garrosh is very good right now.
    KrayikCat
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by KrayikCat Fri May 23, 2014 1:14 am

Unfortunately I'm going to have to close out my app. A few things came up but I'll be usually working until raid starts, and then I'll have roughly a 45 minute drive home due to my new job being on the other side of town. I appreciate you guys having me along, and I would have loved to join the group, but I have real life priorities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:30 pm