Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Naérwen - 578 Disc/Shadow Priest

Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Naérwen - 578 Disc/Shadow Priest Empty Naérwen - 578 Disc/Shadow Priest

Post by Naer Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:55 am

Your age: 22

BattleTag: Naer#1565

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Na%C3%A9rwen/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts: N/A

World of Logs/WMO Parses:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mdm84viravsrdtvd/

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kargath/na%C3%A9rwen/

Regarding parses since logs expired-- we 6 healed ALL THE THINGS ...sometimes 7, with 3 disc priests, 2 hpal and 1-2 throughput healers.

Screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/U9Pqqqu.jpg

Everything is bound, and keybindings are hidden.

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST):  All

What add-ons do you rely on most?

WA2 probably. All of my healing is done through mouse-overs so if I lost my pretty raid frames, I'd still be okay. After that I probably like my Affdots + Shadow Priest plugin.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?

I am active in the HowtoPriest community, as well as the general forum community and MMO-C. You can regularly see me posting to assist others, as well as engage in conversation regarding my class.

What previous raid experience do you have?

I am actually fairly new to the game, but don't let that mislead you. I hit 90 last march, and went 5/13H while still current in my first raid. I'm now 13/14H with p4 attempts on Garrosh.

Unfortunately I chose to go Shadow since we have a very limited roster. I was originally a disc/holy priest, but we have 3 (well 4, but someone main switched.) I was the only one willing to dps for Garrosh. I had never played shadow or any dps previously.

This also means my logs from healing have expired. I know flex logs don't really do the trick either.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?

I was originally a member of Angelus Lapsus on Stormreaver (Now Serephim) but I was only there as an alt-run member and I wanted more experience raiding. I left for Warforged on Moon-Guard US but after a period of time it became evident I wasn't a good fit for their guild. I then went to Electric Sheep on Kargath, where I've been for most of SoO.

I am leaving simply to move to a higher level or raiding. It was a difficult decision but I want to push myself to be an even better raider, and Esheep just can't provide that. That's not their goal in the game, and I respect that.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?

SoA has been stable and competitive for some time. This guild is the place where good players go to be surrounded by excellence and to push themselves to play even better than before. There are a lot of pretty okay guilds that clear the content. That's not what I crave. I need a home where I am pushed to my limits as a player. Somewhere that I'll be called on to take responsibility for my mistakes because we're playing at a level where they matter.

I obviously don't know anyone personally, but the guild seems to be full of excellent players. And that's something I want to be a part of.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?

I posted a LF Guild thread in the Guild Recruitment section. I was contacted with a post there.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?

I compete against myself primarily. I am the kind of person to look through my logs and compare week to week. I need to see that I am not only doing my job, but doing it better each week. If time is effort wasted, I'm not happy with myself.

I do enjoy a bit of friendly competition, but I realize healing is not something in which there is no cap. Healing meters themselves are difficult to get the whole picture from. I mostly push myself to play better than other similarly geared priests.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

I am newer to the game, but my goal is to be the best I can be. Cheesy, I know. What can I say? I have a pretty wicked sense of humor but I'm able to curb my enthusiasm when it's needed. I realize that not everyone can take a super serious joke, or maybe some things are offensive. I get that. I am one of those people that can fit in with pretty much any group without any trouble.

I particularly dislike drama, especially when it takes away from progression time. When you are part of a 25 man raid team, you have to be especially careful. There are a lot of different personalities and as tensions begin to run high it's easy to step on toes. I don't condone people who intentionally try to get a rise out of people and avoid it myself. Basically, I want an environment where I can say what I mean (withing reason) and people won't extrapolate something ridiculous out of it.

On a more personal front, I traveled a lot as a kid. I left home considerably more early than most, at the tender age of 15. So I've got some interesting stories regarding that. It's very much a part of who I am. It's the reason I'm motivated enough to put myself through school, while working and of course playing tons of WoW. No, in fact, I don't sleep.

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<

I am not that into needles.

Last edited by Naer on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : teh grammerz)
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Naérwen - 578 Disc/Shadow Priest Empty Re: Naérwen - 578 Disc/Shadow Priest

Post by Cobane Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks for apping! Our ranged dps (edit: healing) officers will be with you within 24 hours.

Last edited by Cobane on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Just to be clear:

I have no interest in a dps position. I have all the healers at 90 and I am willing to switch for WoD.

One of the reasons I am leaving my current guild is that there is a surplus of healers.

Thanks!
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Yttrius Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:43 pm

"Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<

I am not that into needles."

Cross stitching does not require needles.

PS. Everyone is excellent at what they do. I troll (and recruit), they play. I'm also a great door mat.
    Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Ah, I had confused cross stitching with needlepoint.

Is trolling something you are endorsed in?
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Yttrius Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Not entirely
    Oromiselda
    Oromiselda
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Oromiselda Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Log out in your healing set please.
    Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:07 pm

I will have to do that Monday night. Currently out of town.

Rough basics are

Crit in prismatic, yellow and ring sockets.
    Int crit in reds
    spir/crit in blues
    healer meta
    switch between healing and dps cloak

6.8k spirit, 15 crit/mastery. Heroic wf amp, normal siegecrafter trinkets. 2 piece (heroic hands/normal legs.)
    Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Reforges:

Spirit into crit or mastery (depending on what's on the piece)

Haste into crit or mastery

----

Talents are roguhly the same, I have smite glyph for cm realm bests. I use fade or glyphed binding heal or hf there.

Again, sorry I cant get that to you as promptly.
    Oromiselda
    Oromiselda
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Oromiselda Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:35 pm

It'll have to be something that I see once you swap it over. The few logs that I got a hold of with you healing I noticed a few things. First off how often do you find yourself atonement healing? Second off, for instance on Thok where you have alot of issues casting because of his interrupt, you cast Prayer of Mending 7 times the entire fight on your kill. That's essentially a free uninterruptable cast that bounces to 5 people. Is there a reason for this? And finally do you find yourself playing the throughput healing style with Divine Star, or do you find yourself more often bubble spamming/mitigation healing? Or both?
    Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:44 pm

I try to use penance offensively on CD, very few fights called for it to be used on tanks at our gear levels if ever. I would cast it as an emergency save during later siegecrafter, paragons. Holy fire on CD as well.

I do use smite filler whenever there isnt any other priority. Adding damage means shortening the encounter.

I generally combine DA with divine star or halo for pre-emptive mitigation but I also use it for raw healing. With the lack of diminishing returns in 5.4 and my crit level i could easily blanket the raid in DA if i needed to.

I got in the habit of casting pom less because we have we have 3 priests and we had a lot of issues with cancellation. I would cast it more if the circumstances were different. Kerias would go holy with DI and I didn't want to complete overwrite him.

We do bubble blanket on thok, I take 2 groups. Id use inner focus chained in DA to prevent interruption for 3 poh casts. I ran low spirit low haste even during thok progression.

I also cancel cast penance on thok so I prevent being interrupted while keeping AA uptime high for example.

Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Combine AA * with divine star.
    Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Okay, I logged out in healing gear. I also will take a screen cap of it in advanced for now, since I raid as shadow tonight and then monday I do CM's which means swapped all of my secondary gems into int gems.

https://i.imgur.com/rzQiwHS.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/8RTYJD1.png

Actually hadn't looked, I have a bit more spirit now because of hwf amp.

fresh healing logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wu427yy81jhzlab8/

sorry it's flex
    Darka
    Darka
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Darka Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 pm

I am sorry but at this time we are going to have to decline.
    Naer
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Naer Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Thank you for your time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:09 pm