Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Stéw-580 Blood DK

JStew
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Stéw-580 Blood DK Empty Stéw-580 Blood DK

Post by JStew Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Your age: 24

BattleTag: JStew71#1897

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/St%C3%A9w/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/akama/Stubrew/simple

World of Logs/WMO Parses:

Siegecrafter 25M Pre Nerf-   http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-53eect89f8g96msf/details/12/?s=10239&e=10658

Paragons 25M-   http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xb6bl516wjbnv8om/details/13/?s=4701&e=5328

Garrosh 25M- http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/202804/calendar/03-14/
    (Multiple Attempts, calendar for your viewing)

Screenshot of your UI: https://imgur.com/Asyb0lp

Yes I use the base Ui lol, I am comfortable with it, addons are structured to my liking (wasnt in a real raid group when i took it but dbm is centralized at bottom mid- Keybinds are linked to my mouse with shift mods)

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST):

I am available everyday, however I work 12 hour shifts, those times are 7-11pm CST (my time) I swap shifts every month days or nights, farm content for SoO is Tue-Thurs those times and I can make them, however every month I am on days I get off at 7pm from work and will be on and home promptly around 715, this is 2 times a week every other month depending on the weekend I have off as I work a 2-2-3, I will discuss this more in depth in vent later, for WoD the raid times are being bumped back an hour which is perfect and causes no issues whatsoever.

What add-ons do you rely on most?  Being a Tank I use

-Omen Threat Meter with Omni CC for mods,
    -Magic Rune for rune regen/timers of uptime
    -Galvin Unit Bars for external health/RP bars
    -Skada (Mitigation/DPS/Death Logs/Healing)
    -Dbm/BigWigs (raid preference so everyone is on same timer)
    -Tell Me When Veng/Blood Shield/SoulReaper Tracker

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?

I crawl moderately, atleast 20-30 mins a day on MMO Champ forums, SonofaLich, Archerus Channel, WoW Forums (theory crafting purposes), and occasionally Tank Spot.

What previous raid experience do you have?
    I have raided since Late BC, on Crushridge as a Warlock for a while with Black Cell Faction
    Wrath Dropped I made a DK and cleared pretty much all current content since, taking a break during cata into Early mists where I picked back up during ToES, MSV, HOF, ToT

6/6,6/6,4/4  10/13H ToT, 13/13H SoO

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    Imperialism-Guild Tried a merger fell through, transferred to Akama from Illidan
    Joined Warpath from Clearing normal SoO went 13/14H, burnout, turnover, and apathy for not finishing set in and decimated our roster leaving about 6 people who always attended raid, now we are all looking elsewhere after the 10man reboot fell apart.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?

Shade of Arrows as long as Ive been playing WoW has been a top 50 +- US 10man contender in it's own ranks, I know the ship there will continue to sail straight and be strong for more content to come.  I am very confident in my abilities as a tank, 10/25man heroic content to make a transition smooth into a trial/position on the roster bolster your needs and my own. Ive seen your twitch feeds, its laid back but progression based which is a complete plus, I look forward for an opportunity in talking with you about the future.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?  I posted in WoW Forums and WoW Prog, Cobane and Riesling Found me, chatted with Riesling Tophet* a little.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?  
    Oh yes, I am very competitive in nature to compete against myself in looking over previous logs on content where I could've done better ie- Disease Uptimes, Soulreaper Usage, Buff Uptimes, Anything that can improve my play as a whole I try and correct.  I like to compare notes with Reniat/Magdelena/Mione/Krinu/Troxism-Freak on meters/ and others for Theory crafting and possibly builds and rotational situations.  I follow all these players on twitter, WoL when not private and adjust if I feel my comp supports said builds.  

Example-Deathstrike timing, buff uptimes all essential, if on farm and group is competent, The CRIT build is VERY viable with the right setup, timing, for now I am an Avoidance Hybrid 40% parry, 200+- mastery for survivability and moderate dps (please note this was because of guild structure and has changed several times pending on comp, I have raided both 10-25M this tier and know what builds to use per content/per if raid is comfy with it)

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

I am 24 years old, very competent in my class and abilities as a tank.  I am vocal, thick skinned, take criticism lightly, with full on results if mistakes are made the adjustments will always be made for the raid to progress, I feel that way for any role in a raid group not just tanking.  I am laid back, and like to play with competent people who enjoy endgame content, and old world content- mounts, tmogs, etc.  I always strive to do the best I can with what I am given, by that I mean If I have to sacrifice dps, meters, and unnecessary nonsense to progress then I have no problem doing so, I am not an elitist by any means, however I am in the concept that I know my class and know what I, **Myself** am capable of.  I would hope to be a part of a group that feels the same way and contributes to a group as a whole.  

In closing I hope to hear from you guys and wish you nothing but the best in the future regardless, may it be Warlords and beyond; thank you for the consideration and time in reviewing this- Stew

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    Here's Something I put together the other night while the wife was out being a whine-o (lol jk)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Cartman-Cross-Stitch-2-154525647
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Stéw-580 Blood DK Empty Re: Stéw-580 Blood DK

Post by Cobane Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:19 am

Thanks for your app! Have you apped before? You seem familiar.
    JStew
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by JStew Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 am

Indeed I did, overhauled myself, computer included lol unfortunately 7-8 months of SoO caused our guild to burnout, and massive turnover happened in which we could not recover. Sooo here I am again :p
    JStew
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by JStew Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:41 am

As per your questions earlier, no reasonable answer was given just we'll pass on the app, and as per top row, they are shift/ctrl modifiers, have the tooltips/button hidden with a macro and addon so it doesn't look like cluttered crap
    Fabled
    Fabled
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Fabled Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:51 am

Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 am

Our melee officers will respond soon.
    Kelonaar
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Kelonaar Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:28 am

Hey there Stew,
    Skimmed over your app and logs. Gonna finish checking it all out tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake, but I'm not seeing any major issues at this point. Once I do, I'll talk it over with our other melee officer and if everything seems good we'll figure out a time to get you in mumble for a quick interview.
    Kelonaar
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Kelonaar Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello again Stew,
    Looked over everything another time and talked to our other melee officer. I'd like to talk to you about your schedule to clarify. Added you on B-tag so we can chat about it when you hop on. Once that checks out, you'll be accepted to trial  Very Happy
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 am

Appears to have disappeared. App closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 pm