Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Bour- 13/13 MW / (potential) rdruid app. - DENIED

bourx
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Bour-  13/13 MW / (potential) rdruid app. - DENIED Empty Bour- 13/13 MW / (potential) rdruid app. - DENIED

Post by bourx Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 am

Your age: 20

BattleTag: bourz#1564

Armory Link of Main: Monk:  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Bigchickirl/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts: Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Swagbus/advanced

World of Logs/WMO Parses: I prefer to link my "epeen bots" not to show how good or bad I am but it's easier to see the times someone has killed something, and the output+percentile I was in at the time.
    Here is a list of them from my Cataclysm druid till now to make past experience showing much simpler for you:

Cata rdruid : http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/elune/bouridon

T14 Druid(mostly balance, healing a bit aswell: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/azuremyst/bouridon

T15 Monk: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/mal'ganis/bigchickirl

T15 druid: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/mal'ganis/swagbus

There aren't many logs of my monk as (in Encore) we we're bringing in my druid to gear up for a lot of our raids.

Here is a Megaera log from a few weeks ago : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kb1x27inez146zax/sum/healingDone/?s=5005&e=5403#sthash.nuSZv0MF.dpuf

New temporary raid group logs from last week (meta run)+ H Lei shen :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xax9t45qirufv7he/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h40xrdgw9swlzywb/

Screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/upB0w7G.jpg

Your weekly raid availability (Tues/Thurs/Sun 8-12pm EST): These times work perfect for me. My previous raid times in Encore (Fri/Sat 10-2 EST) we're becoming a problem.

What add-ons do you rely on most? I currently use Elv for my UI. Manually made mouseovers to heal, BigWigs, skada and many weak auras!

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class? Talking with various other players of the same class. Looking at spreadsheets/ forums etc. I also like to test things out on my own.

What previous raid experience do you have? All heroic modes from T11 on!

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?

I raided on Elune with Inner Focus back when they weren't so terrible, and still 25 man. I did t13 progression with Unity until our first Madness kill and then I just kind of was done playing for a while.

Close to after MoP was released I was recruited by a couple people from my old guild (Inner Focus) into Casual on Azuremyst where we finished T14 14/16 heroic. We then xferred, tried 25 man, it failed, went back to 10, disbanded a week later.

I then joined Encore on Mal'Ganis about a month after Casual disbanded bc they needed a MW. We finished the tier US 84th 10m on a 2day/ 8hr per week schedule.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    I would like a solid progression team, with a low amount of drama, fun atmosphere that wants to kill the tier before it's over. Your overall progression (even in past tiers) is something I find very good and would love to be given a shot to raid with you. I have the experience as well which I hope helps my case.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    Wowprogress

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)? Yes I am definitely a competitive person, but not to a crazy extent where I become egotistical. I used to be a huge HPS freak back during Cataclysm, but care less now a days as my raid comps have been Disc priest/ H pally / me with a prot pally thrown in. (hard to get high HPS with a good disc/hpal in your raid) But it definitely try/know how to get high healing out when it is needed Smile

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

Well as I said above, not to sound like a nerd, I try hard. I will always do whatever I can to squeeze out more output while not going OOM (impossible as a MW monk atm to be honest). I have a good amount of heroic mode experience in terms of healing, and I'm looking to progress.

I am going to include a couple more question I felt your app template should include:

Explain your main spec's strengths, weaknesses, and why you chose your glyphs:

MW: Main strengths are incredible aoe healing when needed, and even decent single target healing if you use Soothing enough and envelop in downtime of AoE damage. Also if you really want to, you can do the highest single target healing with Healing Sphere spam but it's clunky and generally not going to happen. I think a big weakness for Mistweavers would really just be the RNG of Chi Generation when 1)RNM is on CD and 2) when Expel Harm is on CD. Sometimes Soothing spam ( even spam clicking which generate Chi quicker) just doesn't pull the Chi you would ideally want! In 5.4 MW generally is still great for what I explained, but the revival nerf is unnecessary and definitely hurts a bit. Glyphs are pretty obvious for MW at the moment. You pretty much always want mana tea for the utility of it. Renewing Mist because without it, it targets the nearest enemy which can cause it not to jump/not be useful based on positioning often. Third one you can chose between quite a few.

*Being considered a melee is definitely a strength of MW for fights like Council, Megaera, Iron Qon etc.

Resto Druid- Resto druid is pretty similar in terms of what the strengths & weaknesses are. I think Resto has MUCH more control than MW and I generally prefer it for that reason. Mana is a probably one of the biggest strong suits of resto druids, in my opinion! In 5.4 I have done a bit of heroic testing as resto and I can so for sure with the current builds, they are quite amazing. 100% up-time on Efflo (if you choose so) genesis provides a nice way to build up shrooms etc.

I will say I have always preferred resto druid because I have so much more experience on it and like the playstyle, but would play either. My rdruids gear is still pretty meh (but I have 4/4 Heroic tier) and I should have meta on it by next week.

Explain your gems/reforges/enchants and why you are itemizing that way:
    MW- Pretty much atm I'm at the 9150 haste point (low spirit build) and other than that crit all the way! Mastery has been, and will always be meh in it's current form for MW.

Rdruid- I'm sticking at the 3043 haste point and going full mastery as mastery > everything once you're over 26k spellpower.
    How experienced are you with your offspec(s) and are you willing to play them?
    I have played (and ranked) as balance competitively during tier 13 + tier 14. That's the biggest off-spec experience I have, to be honest.

How important is loot to you? Do you see loot as a reward for success, or a tool to gain success?
    Loot is literally the ~least important thing to me. If someone can use something more than me I am always going to say take it! Been that way since I've raided in a more serious setting. Progression first- gear later. At the same time gear can be a big help in progression aswell.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Bour-  13/13 MW / (potential) rdruid app. - DENIED Empty Re: Bour- 13/13 MW / (potential) rdruid app. - DENIED

Post by Cobane Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:15 am

Thanks for applying! Give us some time to consider this.
    bourx
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Bour-  13/13 MW / (potential) rdruid app. - DENIED Empty Re: Bour- 13/13 MW / (potential) rdruid app. - DENIED

Post by bourx Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 am

Thanks Cobane!
    Loki
    Loki
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Loki Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Not that it matters that much, however since you're also putting your druid into consideration for the App, I'd try to keep your instance gear equipped when you log out so that the armory you linked shows the correct gear.
    bourx
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by bourx Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:45 am

will do.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:33 am

We may have an opening for you. I will know more in a day. Have you found a home yet?
    bourx
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by bourx Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:34 am

Cobane - I have app'd to very few places, and only one guild I app'd to is showing much interest. However, they have not said much to me in about a week and I'm very open to a trial here if presented to me.
    bourx
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by bourx Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Ok I got confirmation from the one other guild I had extensive talks with and they are sticking with the same roster as ToT for SoO. Basically, you guys are the only guild I am going to put more effort in talks with before 5.4. If this doesn't work out I'm just going to chill for next tier.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Ok final update here. We thought about your app for a good while. Debated it's merits and sounded out our reservations. Then, our mistweaver's GPU took a bath and we had to double take on you again. But ultimately, we're going to have to pass. Your druid is a bit too low geared compared to our current trial and our current mistweaver has been solid for all of ToT. Unless this first week proves his backup GPU incapable, we'll be sticking with him. So, thank you for your patience and best of luck in however you end up.
    bourx
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by bourx Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks for the time Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:33 pm