Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Traedis - Prot Paladin - CLOSED

Traedis
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Traedis - Prot Paladin - CLOSED Empty Traedis - Prot Paladin - CLOSED

Post by Traedis Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 am

Character Name: Traedis
    Class: Paladin
    Talent Spec: 2/56/13

Your age: 18

Your weekly raid availability (We raid Fri/Sat 6-10pm server + Sun 4-8 server):
    I can only raid on weekends as school does not allow me to raid on Weekdays. I feel that i can make all of the times listed however not much else.

What add-ons do you use (Check our Information for Raiders page to see our required mods)?
    Deadly Boss Mods, Omen, Grid, Bartender, Elkano's Buff Bars, IceHud, Recount

Do you have access to Vent? Yes and a mic

What sort of tools (calculators, builders, spreadsheets, etc.) do you use to plan your characters (if any)?
    I do not use a calculator or spreedsheet of any kind.

Provide the armory link to the character you are applying with:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&cn=Traedis

List any ICC 25 achievements you have (Ideally you should have none):
    [Storming the Citadel 25]
    Please include a screenshot of your UI:
    I am unsure of how to post a screenshot of my UI. However my UI is the exact same as Lore from Tankspot which can be seen here : http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?45772-Lore-s-UI

What are your best in slot items for each slot from ICC 10 heroic mode (Give us your gear wishlist)?
    Bonebreaker Scepter - Marrowgar
    Neverending Winter - Gunship
    Gargoyle Spit Bracers - Saurfang
    Perhaps-> Unidentifiable Organ - Putricide

What previous raid experience do you have?
    Wrath of the Lich King
    ICC 10 12/12
    ICC 10 H 3/12
    ICC 25 6/12
    TOC 10 5/5
    Naxx 10
    OS 10
    Maly 10

What guilds have you been a member of?
    iLLiCItus, Sick and Tired, Crimson Moon

Why did you leave your previous and current guilds?
    I have left my previous guilds because of people i couldn't agree with or because the guild was full of people who acted immature.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    I want to join Shade of arrows because you guys are the best 10 man guild on the server and i think i can help you guys succeed more in your goals. I also would love to get more progress in Heroic ICC and you seem to be the best guild to do so with.

Tell us about yourself, to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    I am 18 and am on the football team on my school i play running back. I am pretty quiet most of the time but am told i have a quick wit. I tend to be fun to play with as i like to joke around while not raiding. I am open to taking advice and am happy to change spec and gemming to fix or better my character for fights.

Currently have a decent set of both holy and ret gear am uncomfortable in holy gear past healing dreamwalker. Both sets need to be gemmed though

Thanks, Traedis

Last edited by Jayden on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:31 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to tell you about my UI)
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Traedis - Prot Paladin - CLOSED Empty Re: Traedis - Prot Paladin - CLOSED

Post by Cobane Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks for applying to SoA! A few questions while we discuss your app:

1) Why do you not have any tier 10 set items?

2) Your professions are not maxed and herbalism is not a raiding profession. Why are they not maxed out? Are you willing to correct these two profession problems?

3) Explain your decision to not include Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian in your tank spec. What build would you use if you did include these talents? What build would you use to include those plus Improved Hammer of Justice? What fights are these talents useful in and why?

4) Explain your choices of Armsman and 16 defense to cloak enchants.

5) Why the 10 parry / 15 stam gem in your boots?

6) Describe how you handle the mechanics of the LK fight for all 5 phases.

7) What are your goals for Cataclysm? What spec will you want to play?
    Traedis
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Traedis Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm

1) Why do you not have any tier 10 set items?
    I do not have any tier 10 set items currently as i believe the 4 set is the only part of the set worth using. I do have the shoulders (251 version) in my bank and the head piece is only a couple frost badges away from getting them and with those i shall upgrade them to the 264 version. I may at that point use the shoulders to achieve the 2 set but am not sure. I am in the process of getting more tier 10 for the 4 piece bonus.

2) Your professions are not maxed and herbalism is not a raiding profession. Why are they not maxed out? Are you willing to correct these two profession problems?
    My two professions are not maxed out as i have been truly lazy with them. I have chosen those two as the lifeblood ability from Herbalism allows me minimal heals when it is at full skill. I need to max out my Mining profession as it grants me more stamina. I am however willing to work on these to correct this problem.

3) Explain your decision to not include Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian in your tank spec. What build would you use if you did include these talents? What build would you use to include those plus Improved Hammer of Justice? What fights are these talents useful in and why?
    My decision to not include divine sacrifice and Divine Guardian was simply the lack of points in my current build. This build was designed as an add tanking build with a decent amount of multipurpose abilities. I can see those talents as a useful build in which i would skip seal of command and my two points in seals of the pure to get those three points worth of skills. I see them as useful for fights where the raid is taking lots of damage should as in Putricide if i was MTing Putricide himself. I can also see it useful in the Blood wing where i can absorb some damage off the raid during certain parts of the battle. I would include Improved Hammer of Justice on only a LK build because it allows me to stun the Valk's more often increasing our odds of not losing a raid member.

4) Explain your choices of Armsman and 16 defense to cloak enchants.
    I use the Armsman enchant on my gloves because i believe that the minor gains from other enchantments are not as useful comparatively to the threat bonus. I use this enchant because i realized that it not only gave me a tad more avoidance it seemed to be the only logical enchant past the armor increase. I do realize that the armor increase is important but currently i do not see it as better. My cloak enchant however i do need to change to Mighty armor as it is more damage reduction than the 16 defense.

5) Why the 10 parry / 15 stam gem in your boots?
    The 10 parry/15 stam gem is in my boots for the lack of better words me being broke at the time. I shall replace it with a 30 stam gem in game today as i have plenty of money for that.

6) Describe how you handle the mechanics of the LK fight for all 5 phases.
    I handled the mechanics of the LK fight for phase 1 as the add tank. I consecrated to pick up as many ghouls as possible and keep them close to the Shambling Horrors that i was responsible for picking up. I then tanked them close the LK behind him and people brought the plauge to him and killed the Shambling horrors. Phase 2 i would stand near the edge of the platform and tank the Raging spirits away from the raid making sure no one was silenced except me. Phase 3 i would be responsible for killing any remaining raging spirits on me and taunting the LK off the other tank when soul reaper went out. As i had nothing to for the majority of that phase except act like a Dps i spread out for defile and moved in for the Valk's and Dps'ed the Valk's when nessiscary. In Phase 4 we moved out to the edge of the platform and killed the raging spirits in much of the similar way during Phase 2. During phase 5 i was responsible for again taunting off the other tank for soul reaper but also dpsing and running away from the vile spirits should they target me. During Phase 5 i die Sad but i guess that happens to us all at 10% or so i hear Razz. During Phase 6 i simply Dps the hopelessly trapped LK.

7) What are your goals for Cataclysm? What spec will you want to play?
    My goals for Cataclysm are to keep raiding and stay with my protection spec. I am also open to trying any of the spec's in cataclysm at the guild's request.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:42 pm

I think someone mentioned in passing that you have another character you've put more time into than this one. Do you play any other 80s? If so, in what guilds? What is their experience? Please link their armory.
    Traedis
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Traedis - Prot Paladin - CLOSED Empty RE: Traedis App

Post by Traedis Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:51 pm

I used to play other 80's i do not however any more. I have put more time into those two other 80's on a different server but i sold those two characters as they were boring and didn't have a use to me as i didn't have the time to raid across three toons. I no longer know the names of the character's or server as the new owner has transferred them off their previous one. I had 9/12H ICC 10 experience on them however both toons were dps therefore i say i only have 6/12H knowledge on my pally as i can't say i fully understand the extra three fights from the position of a tank.

Thanks,
    Traedis
    Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Post by Jayden Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi Traedis-

Thanks for applying to SoA. We would like to trial you. Look for an invite on your in-game calendar for this weekend's raids. In the meantime, please /join SoAtrials. We use this channel as a way to group with and get to know applicants outside of raids.

We will try to get you in sometime this weekend if you are available but it might not be for ICC.

*Jayden/Deezd
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Closed due to lack of attendance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 am