Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latency Fix

MacKnIss
    MacKnIss
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Latency Fix Empty Latency Fix

Post by MacKnIss Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:18 pm

I found this while searching for a latency fix a while back and figured I would share. I used to average around 300-350ms on Velen. Since I followed the fixes on the page my latency has dropped and is steady around 75-100ms.

The following was taken from:
    Tech Support Forum - Gaming Forum

=======================================================================
    EDIT REGISTRY TO REDUCE LATENCY

1. Click START / RUN
    2. Type CMD
    3. Type ipconfig
    4. Get your IP address (write it down), close command prompt window.

5. Click START / RUN
    6. Type regedit
    7. BACKUP RGISTRY (Highlight "MY COMPUTER" in registry, right click it and select "EXPORT" point it to your desktop and name it "Registry Backup", make sure EXPORT RANGE is set to ALL, click save)
    8. Navigate registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
    9. Click on folders listed and find the folder that lists YOUR IP as one of the values in the right hand pane ( such as a value named "DhcpDefaultGateway" and/or "DhcpIPAddress"
    10. Now that you found the correct folder, put your mouse pointer in the white field on the right hand side, in an empty area and RIGHT CLICK
    11. Choose NEW / DWORD VALUE
    12. It will create a new registry key in the list, which will already be highlighted and named "New Value #1"
    13. Rename that key "TcpAckFrequency" ( WITHOUT THE "" quotes - just TcpAckFrequency )
    14. Right click on the new registry key and select MODIFY
    15. In the "VALUE DATA" field change the vlaue from 0 to 1
    16. Click OK
    17. Close the registry editor by clicking the X on top right corner

18. Click START / CONTROL PANEL / NETWORK CONNECTIONS
    19. RIGHT CLICK on your MAIN internet connection, most likely named "Local Area Connection" and select DISABLE
    20. Give it a second to do its thing and disable your connection.
    21. RIGHT CLICK it again and select ENABLE, this will force it to grab a new connection and make use of the changes you made in the registry.

Thats it, Enjoy,
    GnBanditoCI5

=======================================================================
    DECREASING LATANCY BY REMOVING OLD PATCHES YOU NO LONGER NEED

1. Navigate to your World of Warcraft install directory, ( USUALLY "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft" )

2. You will find in this folder all the patches that have been downloaded and ALREADY installed into the game, so you will NO LONGER need them.

3. The files you are looking for are not only the PATCHES themselves, but ALSO the downloaded .exe for the respective patch.

4. You are looking for files with names similar to this "WoW-2.3.0.7561-to-2.3.2.7741-enUS-patch.exe" that is the patch and "WoW-2.3.0.7561-to-2.3.2.7741-enUS-downloader.exe" is the downloader for THAT patch. The files have icons as follows....The Downloader icon looks like a Tornado and the patch icon looks like stars falling.

5. Highlight BOTH MATCHING files, and either RIGHT click and select DELETE or simply hit the DELETE key on your keyboard.

6. Now all you need to do is simply browse that folder for ANY and ALL files that meet that criteria. For every patch.exe there will be a downloader.exe file. Again, highlight them BOTH and delete.

7. You MAY find that you have a few extra DOWNLOADER files, but no patch to go with them, you can go ahead and delete them as well. As well as any files named something similar to this "WoW-2.3.0-enUS-patch.exe.PART" that is simply a patch that isnt finished downloading for whatever reason, such as you may have downloaded a specific patch from fileplanet and installed it, therefore the game detected you no longer NEED that patch and stopped downloading.

**IMPORTANT**
    You may notice there IS a folder in that directory named "PATCHES", this is the folder used by the blizzard downloader to download CURRENT patches such as 3.0.9-to-3.1.0, so I would suggest you leave that folder alone unless you want to redownload the entire patch again Surprised)~

Thats it...Enjoy,
    GnBanditoCI5

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:37 pm