Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Skumasteve
Odo
6 posters

-

Odo
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

- Empty -

Post by Odo Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:30 am

-

Last edited by Odo on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Skumasteve
    Skumasteve
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

- Empty Re: -

Post by Skumasteve Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:01 am

based odo
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:59 pm

So, there's a few things.

My Garrosh Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DXCTyAP2fvRF7zbG#type=summary&source=7

Your Garrosh Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dW1BzfrKR6pQk83h#type=summary&source=6

Frost:

-Your Blood Plague uptime is too low. As DW frost, you should be hanging around 85%, give or take 5%. In fact, at your haste, you should probably be even higher.

-You SHOULD be using BT, no matter what. If you don't want to deal with it, macroing Blood Tap is still superior to Runic Empowerment, because of how it interacts with AMS soaking.

-Comparing your frost logs to mine, your Pillar of Frost uptime is considerably lower. I'm not sure what version of Evil Eye you have, but mine was 42.21% compared to your 34.65%. Even with just an LFR Evil Eye, this is a bit low.

-You need to react to Killing Machine faster. Your KM uptime was 38.71%, whereas mine was 26.57%. If you fix this you will get a lot more damage out of Frost Strike, since your KM procs are getting overwritten.

-You hold RP far too long. You wasted an enormous amount of RP. In addition, you had half the casts of AMS as I did, resulting in even less RP. On top of that, your RP was so high during those AMSes that most of the RP was wasted.

Blood:

-You should not be playing Runic Empowerment as blood. You should be using Blood Tap or Runic Empowerment. Generally Blood Tap is better.

-Why are you mastery and not dodge/parry? This isn't a trick question, both are viable. But I'd like to hear why.

-Why are you using Glyph of Festering Blood rather than something like Loud Horn or Glyph of Pestilence?

-Explain to me how you handle Death Strike usage, if you would.

Thanks.
    savedya
    savedya
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by savedya Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:49 pm

I'll throw in my two cents here, just because I was asked to review your logs in mumble last night and couldn't really give any good feedback since I was doing LFR.

I've sent Banzad a run-down of what I saw from a quick once over. Basically, your damage looks like it is coming from the right abilities, and the self healing is there, but there are details that you haven't figured out how to abuse in order to get the most out of your damage and self-healing.

I'm not a Dk main, so the things I say may or may not be factual.

And as for Banzad's comment:
    -You should not be playing Runic Empowerment as blood. You should be using Blood Tap or Runic Empowerment. Generally Blood Tap is better.

While this may be true, it won't stop you from getting top dps ranks. For example this Russian DK has a top rank on malkorok with runic corruption:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/C3MTnWQLGmDZJtxF#fight=29&type=auras&source=20

-Why are you using Glyph of Festering Blood rather than something like Loud Horn or Glyph of Pestilence?

On the topic of glyphs I think they're all pretty shit for blood (if you need those 5 extra yards, you're doing it wrong IMO). For pallies you can see upwards of 20% dps increase on farm bosses from good glyphs, but you're a dk so glyphs have much less of an impact, and I'm not going to hold a suboptimal glyph against you. That's just my opinion, and I'm not a dk god.
    Odo
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Odo Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:19 pm

I am gratified that you took the time to find these differences in our logs, unfortunately the analysis you offer for interpreting the differences is rather surface and doesn't account for the interactions of other abilities and complex factors.

Two of your points are best addressed together because of this fact. They are the tendency to allow runic power to hold for a second or two longer than I could, and the lack of wholehearted commitment to blood plague uptime at the end of Heroic Garrosh phases before transition -- though it should be noted that the actual mathematical differences were talking about here are miniscule.

Blood plague uptime is dictated by interfacing many contributing variables, the primary one being how often plague leech is used. If I choose to use one additional plague leech, followed by several howling blasts and ignore a reapplication of bloodplague for several seconds until a rotation gap in rune recharge, I GAIN total DPS, not lose it -- especially at the end of a phase before a transition where my blood plague reapplication should come immediately before I lose the ability to hit Garrosh. Simultaneously, this increases my runic power holding time and shifts my ability usage slightly away from runic power burn, which isnt a problem given that howling blast does more damage per use than frost strike.

One howling blast is equal to 15 ticks of blood plague, often more. If I sacrifice 2 or 3 ticks and gain one howling blast, I've increased my damage output significantly.

-- these differences are the primary reason I was able to parse in as the top DK DPS on the log you are referring to despite having 23% less mastery than the next highest DK.

It should also be noted that I was able to do so after a 6 month vacation... in my offspec...

On Pillar of Frost uptime, we are discussing an ability that increases damage output by percentage. The total uptime of the ability being slightly less tells you almost nothing about how I use the ability. Rather, you need to look at how much total damage it is modifying. I.E> does waiting for 2 or 3 seconds before adds run out increase my total damage output by modifying a larger damage number...and in this case it does.

On Glyphs, I use different glyphs for almost every fight, and on that garrosh log I was using loud horn, I am not sure which fight you found what glyphs on but honestly this is mostly irrelevant as noted by Savedya in the last post.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Thank you for taking the time to apply and explain your reasoning. However, we are choosing to pass on your application. Good luck in your guild search!
    Odo
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Odo Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 pm

-

Last edited by Odo on Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Odo wrote:Best of luck.

I raided all teir with Primarch and Topped Off - and was doing H Garrosh while you guys were trying to get shamans.

I agree it probably isn't a good fit.

Don't talk shit if your achievement kill dates show you as getting your Liberator title when we killed heroic Thok.
    savedya
    savedya
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by savedya Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Since its shit talk time...

Did topped off direct you to get gouged four times in a fight, or was that Primarch? Everyone fails mechanics, but youd think if there's one that makes you have a timeout to think about what you've done you'd be able to fix your shit within the pull.
    Zombie240
    Zombie240
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Zombie240 Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Odo wrote:Best of luck.

I raided all teir with Primarch and Topped Off - and was doing H Garrosh while you guys were trying to get shamans.

I agree it probably isn't a good fit.

They should welcome you back with open arms then right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 am