Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Erekos - Prot Warrior - ACCEPTED

Erekos - Prot Warrior - ACCEPTED Empty Erekos - Prot Warrior - ACCEPTED

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Character Name: Erekos
    Class: Warrior
    Talent Spec: Prot

Your age: Old. Really Old.

Your weekly raid availability (We raid Fri/Sat 6-10pm server + Sun 4-8 server):
    Under normal circumstances I can make those times no problem.

What add-ons do you use (Check our Information for Raiders page to see our required mods)? Omen. DBM. Cursor

Do you have access to Vent? Yes

What sort of tools (calculators, builders, spreadsheets, etc.) do you use to plan your characters (if any)? None

Provide the armory link to the character you are applying with:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&cn=Erekos

Please include a screenshot of your UI: I use base UI, nothing special

What are your best in slot items for each slot from ICC 10 normal mode (Give us your gear wishlist)? TBD

What previous raid experience do you have? Naxx 10 & 25. Some Ulduar

What guilds have you been a member of? My own guild currently. Previously Skadoosh

Why did you leave your previous and current guilds? My gear level was so far behind them really no way to catch up and be included in raids (this was prior to the random raid feature)

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    1. I like the focus on 10 man
    2. I like the raid times
    3. I've heard good things about you
    4. My personal experience with you has been all positive
    5. Your good at what you do

Tell us about yourself, to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    1. I'm green
    2. I"m good looking
    3. I like to smash things with my shield and make them angry at me
    4. I take pride in being good at what I do and I take constructive criticism well
    5. I'm not loot focused, I dont give a poo whether I get the shiny or not other than I know I have to get better loot to do my job properly
    6. I like to have a good time

Thanks for your consideration

Last edited by Erekos on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Erekos - Prot Warrior - ACCEPTED Empty Re: Erekos - Prot Warrior - ACCEPTED

Post by Cobane Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you for applying! Your application is under review.
    Balmarog
    Balmarog
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Balmarog Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Invite this man right now. :p He makes me lollerskates.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:34 am

Consider yourself on trial. See you Friday, recruit!
    Rafi
    Rafi
    Level 52 Warrior
    Level 52 Warrior

Post by Rafi Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:15 am

Erekos has a fun sense of humor. Smile That's +1 in my book.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:46 am

Here are some class questions to answer:

1) Please explain in your own words what Effective Health is. Should you gear to increase it or should you gear for more avoidance? Why? Be thorough and link your sources.

2) Tell us your optimal threat rotation. Explain why that is the optimal rotation in your own words. Link your sources.

3) Concerning your talent selections, why did you spec in to Deep Wounds for tanking and not Improved Demoralizing Shout + Commanding Presence? Now that you know our group makeup we generally run, do you think you should change your spec at all? Why or why not?
    Rafi
    Rafi
    Level 52 Warrior
    Level 52 Warrior

Post by Rafi Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Dang, open choice questions. I'd hate to see similar questions for a DK tank - there are about three times as many options available as warriors!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Just a note that I'm answering the questions on the fly from my recolloction. I do a lot of reading on Elitest Jerks and Tankspot.com. Those would be the only sources that I would quote.

Sangrey wrote:Here are some class questions to answer:

1) Please explain in your own words what Effective Health is. Should you gear to increase it or should you gear for more avoidance? Why? Be thorough and link your sources.

EH is a cumulation of stats like health & armor. Basically a bear or DK might have more total health but I can still have higher EH because (for example) my block and armor values mean I take less damage on average. its widely considered the most important tanking talent.

Gearing for avoidance is good for specific bosses as I recall but in general EH is superior and I would not gear for avoidance over EH.

2) Tell us your optimal threat rotation. Explain why that is the optimal rotation in your own words. Link your sources.

Revenge > SS > Devastate. In unlimited rage situations I have a macro that adds HS to all of those. In addition I rotate in TC and shockwave as necessary for AoE.

3) Concerning your talent selections, why did you spec in to Deep Wounds for tanking and not Improved Demoralizing Shout + Commanding Presence? Now that you know our group makeup we generally run, do you think you should change your spec at all? Why or why not?

Deep wounds is a major source of additional threat. I need all the threat I can get. Didn't really put any thought into IDS + CP. I'm open to suggestion but just off the cuff I wouldn't want to change anything unless it improved my TPS.

Commanding Presense has a weird issue with the more health buffs you add the less total health it adds to the person. Sometimes when I'm fully raid buffed it adds like 300 health instead of 2200.

Thanks for the questions
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:42 pm

YOU'RE INVITED! Here are some things you need to understand before making the acceptance:

First, you won't be guaranteed to be in for any raid during your initiate period or if your attendance is below 87.5% per month. We have a plump roster in the Tank and DPS departments and all those people can't fit in to 10 slots each raid. But everyone plays a key part in our guild and we are a TEAM. That means that even if you aren't in for one, two, or even three raids in a row your presence is needed and appreciated and you are as much a part of our successes as anyone zoned in to a dungeon. Without the flexibility of our plump roster, we have and will find ourselves in need of pugs to fill 10 slots on any given raid night when enough members have real life restrictions that prevent them from logging in.

Second, you will be an initiate rank for 1 month.

Third, by the current rules of the guild you will be guaranteed a raid slot if your attendance is 87.5% or better each month after your initiate period. Your loot priority will be elevated as well. But be warned that if we find ourselves with too many raiders to fit in to a 10 man raid, this policy may change to fit the situation.

If given those points you accept our invitation, we welcome you.
    Rafi
    Rafi
    Level 52 Warrior
    Level 52 Warrior

Post by Rafi Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:50 pm

This increases the level of awesome of the guild by a significant margin.

Naked dancing/engineering usage/nipple burning may be required, should you accept.

Razz
    Lavandris
    Lavandris
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Lavandris Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Rafi wrote:Naked dancing/engineering usage/nipple burning may be required, should you accept.

I think we'll get this anyways, required or not.

Congrats, and welcome!
    This is odd: you're technically the new guy, but you've been raiding with them for longer than I have...

Erekos - Prot Warrior - ACCEPTED Empty Oh yea, well here's some things YOU need to understand...

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:17 pm

1. During your long, detailed, very thorough, incredibly intuitive, exhaustive, entirely accurate, patient explanations of every boss fight and aspect of each encounter, I may decide to /nakeddance. This may or may not indicate I've mentally checked out.

2. I will randomly decide to use my rocketboots to the annoyance of TC

3. I sometimes get self-conscious of how small my mace is

4. Since Rocstar is on less frequently, I feel obligated to imbue more alcohol during raids in order to make up for the drop off

5. I will randomly burn nipples of friend or foe with my lasers.

If, given these facts, you still decide to invite me, then I accept.

Thank you
    Rafi
    Rafi
    Level 52 Warrior
    Level 52 Warrior

Post by Rafi Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Those all sound like positives to me!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:26 am