Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Rafi
Jayden
Cobane
Wheeler
8 posters

Onyinyechi - Resto Shaman - WITHDRAWN

Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Onyinyechi - Resto Shaman - WITHDRAWN Empty Onyinyechi - Resto Shaman - WITHDRAWN

Post by Wheeler Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Character Name:
    Onyinyechi

Class:
    Shaman

Talent Spec:
    Resto 0/13/58

Your age:

Your weekly raid availability (We raid Fri/Sat 6-10pm server + Sun 4-8 server):
    Available all times

What add-ons do you use (Check our Information for Raiders page to see our required mods)?
    DBM, Healbot and all of the typical raid mods.

Do you have access to Vent?
    Yes

What sort of tools (calculators, builders, spreadsheets, etc.) do you use to plan your characters (if any)?
    I spent a lot of time on sites like ElitestJerks and talk to friends in game about different options and such. The odd time I will use RAWR to see if their are a few things I can change.

Provide the armory link to the character you are applying with:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&cn=Onyinyechi

List any ICC 25 achievements you have:
    I was using my wifes PC while mine was waiting for parts so I wasn't able to do 25s all that well. I've yet to do any on this character but my paladin is 4/12 on 25ICC>

Please include a screenshot of your UI:
    Ony's UI

What are your best in slot items for each slot from ICC 10 normal mode (Give us your gear wishlist)?
    Choker of Filthy Diamonds - Rotface - Neck
    Heartsick Mender's Cape - Prince Valanar - Back
    Coldwraith Bracers - Lord Marrowgar - Wrist
    Ice-Reinforced Vrykul Helm - Gunship Armory - Head *
    Shuffling Shoes - Rotface - Feet
    Chestguard of Siphoned Elements - Blood-Queen Lana'thel - Chest *
    Deathspeaker Disciple's Belt - Lady Deathwhisper - Belt *
    Lockjaw - Rotface - Main Hands *
    Signet of Putrefaction - Festergut - Ring
    Lost Pavise of the Blue Flight - Sindragosa - Shield
    Sliver of Pure Ice - Lord Marrowgar - Trinker

Anything not listed is only obtainable though frost badge or 25.
    * denotes already obtained or 264

What previous raid experience do you have?
    I've been raiding on and off since BC, really really achieved any of the end game stuff until WoTK.

What guilds have you been a member of?
    I started playing with the launch of BC and the opening of Velen on many different characters. From bottom guilds to top ones such as Carebear Club, PreEminence, Senseless Violence, Paradox and so on.

Why did you leave your previous and current guilds?
    Uhh anything from guilds just falling apart to people causing drama and disputes. I'm just looking to play the game and have fun not deal with petty things.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    As noted before I've got a few different 80s and I've had the chance to raid and run with a few members of your guild. I'm good friends with one of your new recruits Broxas and he speaks highly of the guild. It seems to be heading in a good direction, it's been around for a long time. I've not herd of any drama or any such petty stuff about the guild or from anyone in the guild. Best of all you are 10man focused which is great to me. I don't mind doing 25s but I do prefer the fun and challenge of 10.

Tell us about yourself, to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    I'm not sure what their is to say, I love to raid and have a good time. I'm open minded and take well to constructive criticism. I know how to listen and follow instructions. Always around and willing to help out, don't mind doing some dirty work to benefit the guild such as farming mats and so on. Punctual, like to be on time and ready to go seeing as I am 3h ahead of server time. I am for the most part polite but have the mouth of a trucker at times.

I hope this covers everything and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my application.

Onyinyechi aka Ony

EDIT: Sorry about the size of the UI photo, I can't seem to get photobucket to do it the right size.

EDIT**: I wasn't sure where to add this but I do have 8 different level 80s. Most of which are geared and ready to go. If you would rather me fill out an app for any one of them I would be more than happy to. Also if you would rather me roll a different spec I would be more than willing to switch and get that spec geared ASAP.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Onyinyechi - Resto Shaman - WITHDRAWN Empty Re: Onyinyechi - Resto Shaman - WITHDRAWN

Post by Cobane Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for applying to SoA! We're reviewing your application.
    Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Onyinyechi - Resto Shaman - WITHDRAWN Empty Re: Onyinyechi - Resto Shaman - WITHDRAWN

Post by Jayden Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Wheeler wrote:I do have 8 different level 80s. Most of which are geared and ready to go. If you would rather me fill out an app for any one of them I would be more than happy to. Also if you would rather me roll a different spec I would be more than willing to switch and get that spec geared ASAP.

Would you mind listing the names/classes/specs of each of your 80s? I'm interested to see what you have and if we have grouped with any of your characters in the past.

Thanks Very Happy
    Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Wheeler Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Jayden wrote: Would you mind listing the names/classes/specs of each of your 80s? I'm interested to see what you have and if we have grouped with any of your characters in the past.

Thanks Very Happy

Mirko - Warrior - Fury/Prot (Used to be Knagar)
    Wheeler - Paladin - Ret/Holy
    Mcsquizzys - Druid - Gear to spec any of the 4 specs
    Zathe - Death Knight - Blood
    Kaelindia - Hunter - MM/BM (BM for farming)
    Specdfood - Mage - Arcane/Fire
    Ony - Chap I applied with

And my 8th is on my wife's account atm, trying to work out how to move him.

On a side note I checked out the rest of your forums and wanted to thank you for that sound equalization thing for vent. Works swell!
    Rafi
    Rafi
    Level 52 Warrior
    Level 52 Warrior

Post by Rafi Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 pm

What is your preferred healing role? Main tank, off tank, raid, melee, ranged, etc. What class do you like healing with the best? The worst?
    Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Wheeler Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Rafi wrote:What is your preferred healing role? Main tank, off tank, raid, melee, ranged, etc. What class do you like healing with the best? The worst?

That is a good question Sir. I just like to heal in general. I've got 3 different healers at the moment and a 4th on the way. Each offers up something a litter bit different and unique. Being that I have all of these healers I usually just go on which ever is needed the most or which ever their is room for in pugs at the moment.

I'd have to say my bread and butter is MT/OT healing with my Paladin but in ICC10 it gets a bit dry and boring. Aside from a few bosses most of it, with another good healer, I can 2man heal. Although Brox has told me ICC10 Hero offers up some good times for healing. I do love the challenge of raid healing with my Shaman on the other hand. He's not quite as geared as my Paladin and takes a little more effort and skill, which I am still working on.

There isn't really a role that I dislike when it comes to healing to be honest. Next to a little bit of tanking it's about the only thing I've done since I started.
    Dõuglas
    Dõuglas
    Probably One of Kuze's Alts

Post by Dõuglas Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Maybe rafi can finally dps..lol
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Nalladar gets to play his main before Rafi gets to DPS. I am not saying I am just saying.
    Rafi
    Rafi
    Level 52 Warrior
    Level 52 Warrior

Post by Rafi Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Shhh, secret ulterior motive, shhh.

I'm pretty happy with my healing milestone in strict 10 gear. I want to set a dps one now! I hear Emil's got a bandage spec ...
    Dõuglas
    Dõuglas

Post by Dõuglas Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 pm

it is pretty boss
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 pm

We'll invite you for this weekend's fun on the in-game calendar.

Please get your stuff enchanted on your shaman and druid. Especially your shaman since that's your app toon. It doesn't look good to app without full enchants. Normally that would get you denied outright, but we're looking towards the future here and I've seen your main's gear so I know you know what you're doing.
    Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Wheeler Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Sangrey wrote:We'll invite you for this weekend's fun on the in-game calendar.

Please get your stuff enchanted on your shaman and druid. Especially your shaman since that's your app toon. It doesn't look good to app without full enchants. Normally that would get you denied outright, but we're looking towards the future here and I've seen your main's gear so I know you know what you're doing.

Yeah, sorry about that I've been gathering mats to make myself some enchants with my Paladin off and on. Haven't really been raiding lately so I haven't worried to much about it but I will get that done ASAP.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:39 am

That's very unfortunate that you went and killed a boss in ICC 25 for the first time yesterday. You realize you are applying to a strict 10 guild and that getting the achievement for downing any ICC 25 boss will, if accepted, affect our ability to recruit more players and diminish our credibility? You probably did not, but that's how it is. You were so pristine.

On a positive note, I can appreciate your attempts to get better gear quickly for this weekend.
    Sift
    Sift
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Sift Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 am

Sangrey wrote:That's very unfortunate that you went and killed a boss in ICC 25 for the first time yesterday. You realize you are applying to a strict 10 guild and that getting the achievement for downing any ICC 25 boss will, if accepted, affect our ability to recruit more players and diminish our credibility? You probably did not, but that's how it is. You were so pristine.

On a positive note, I can appreciate your attempts to get better gear quickly for this weekend.

It's obviously too late at this point, but we may want to spell this out in the application itself. Maybe something like:

List any ICC 25 achievements you have (As a Ten-Man Strict Guild, we don't run 25s, and can only have a certain number of guild members who have run them in the past. The less you have to put here, therefore, the better):

I worry that while Ten-Man Strict itself is fairly self-descriptive, the technicalities, namely that 25-man kills are tracked and we can only have so many of them, are probably outside just about everyone's knowledge. I know they certainly were outside of mine before I joined.

Regardless, that is unfortunate.
    Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Wheeler Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Oh...

I was actually just doing it for a few extra badges to get a new cape to replace my old 213. My apologies on that one, I really had no idea.

If you are looking to keep it as ICC10 only achievements I can withdraw my app or reapply with my warrior, druid or mage. But they aren't geared quite as well.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Stick with this toon.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Unless I hear from you this weekend, I'm closing your app.
    Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Wheeler Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Sorry I've been busy trying to get things ready for my camping trip.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:04 pm

You missed two raids you signed up for last weekend. I didn't get any explanation as to what's going on with you and you are declined for this coming weekend.
    Sift
    Sift
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Sift Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:13 pm

There was no post here. It was all a dream.

Last edited by Sift on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Wheeler Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:37 am

I'm not sure what happened this weekend.. Usually my wife doesn't really care if I play and when I play but for some reason she flipped a bird on me. Pretty sure I set that straight and I shouldn't have anymore issues like that. Normally I give advanced notice when I won't be attending and I am sorry about that this weekend.

And yes this weekend I am camping, I did talk to you about it and you said it was no problem it would just extend my trial time by another week. I am very much interested in this guild and I like what it has to offer.

Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Post by Jayden Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Sift wrote:We have a disgustingly long app process

A two-three week trial (which includes 6-9 raids) is a disgustingly long time to get to know a potential guild member?

No
    Sift
    Sift
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Sift Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Jayden wrote:
    Sift wrote:We have a disgustingly long app process

A two-three week trial (which includes 6-9 raids) is a disgustingly long time to get to know a potential guild member?

No

I promise that's really not what I meant at all. I used 'Disgustingly' more as synonymous with 'shockingly', as in 'most people probably don't expect so long an app process.' That doesn't mean it's anything more than a perfectly reasonable period of time.

I know part of the problem is that without hearing the natural flow of my language, it's difficult to determine the tone in which my writing is meant to be read, but you have my word that I usually display no subtlety whatsoever in my criticisms. Barring something unambiguous, you can probably assign the most benign interpretation possible and assign any further confusion to my putting my foot in my mouth.

Regardless, let's just pretend that post never existed.

Huh, what were we talking about?
    Wheeler
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Wheeler Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Three weeks is more than fair.. Shows you are interested in quality over quantity.
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Sift if back peddle any faster you may experience time traval. farao

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:30 pm