Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Cobane
Skumasteve
Just Ian
Ketsuki
8 posters

Ketsuki 572 Enhancement Shaman

Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Ketsuki 572 Enhancement Shaman - Page 2 Empty Re: Ketsuki 572 Enhancement Shaman

Post by Cobane Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Lol gurio.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Ketsuki 572 Enhancement Shaman - Page 2 Empty Re: Ketsuki 572 Enhancement Shaman

Post by Just Ian Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Hakushi wrote:
    (protip: always go to stat weight editor and enable the mode to make it make sure you're hit/exp capped kthx)

It's funny, because this isn't always optimal.
    Hakushi
    Hakushi
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Hakushi Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:41 am

Zombie240 wrote:we all know hakushi=ketsuki don't try to fool anyone

Ironic given how similar it was when I read the app. Plays a DK and a Shaman. Swaps and alternates between the two. w0w0w0w0w.

Just Ian wrote:
    Hakushi wrote:
    (protip: always go to stat weight editor and enable the mode to make it make sure you're hit/exp capped kthx)

Yeah... mathematically optimal and realistically optimal are two different things. the gain from being 0.03% under hit cap is so minimal, it's not worth the risk of getting RNG fucked and missing one of your main hits, maybe that's fine with a DK where 99% of your attacks do no damage anyway, but miss a Stormblast. cy@ 1M damage.

On top of that, the hypothetical gain from being under hit or exp cap slightly doesn't exist anyway because it's essentially within the margin of error. What does a 100 DPS increase mean when you're doing 450,000 DPS. My DPS for example can vary by 50k+ per 10min attempt just based on whether I get an RPPM proc during one of my cooldowns or not.
    Skumasteve
    Skumasteve
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Skumasteve Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 am

Hakushi wrote:
    Zombie240 wrote:we all know hakushi=ketsuki don't try to fool anyone

Ironic given how similar it was when I read the app. Plays a DK and a Shaman. Swaps and alternates between the two. w0w0w0w0w.

Just Ian wrote:
    Hakushi wrote:

Yeah... mathematically optimal and realistically optimal are two different things. the gain from being 0.03% under hit cap is so minimal, it's not worth the risk of getting RNG fucked and missing one of your main hits, maybe that's fine with a DK where 99% of your attacks do no damage anyway, but miss a Stormblast. cy@ 1M damage.

On top of that, the hypothetical gain from being under hit or exp cap slightly doesn't exist anyway because it's essentially within the margin of error. What does a 100 DPS increase mean when you're doing 450,000 DPS. My DPS for example can vary by 50k+ per 10min attempt just based on whether I get an RPPM proc during one of my cooldowns or not.

ilu kushigurl
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Hasn't attended in a while, and doesn't seem like she plans to any more. Trial failed. Good luck in the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:50 pm