Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Metal - 573 Prot Pally

er1111
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Metal - 573 Prot Pally Empty Metal - 573 Prot Pally

Post by er1111 Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Your age:21

BattleTag:Harbinger#1685

Armory Link of Main:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Metal/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts:none

World of Logs/WMO Parses:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/273957/

Screenshot of your UI:
    Metal - 573 Prot Pally HG1rUDV

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST): All, hoping to never have to do 5 tho

What add-ons do you rely on most? bigwigs weakauras

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    mmoc & sacredduty mostly, twitter for praying WoD tank concerns are addressed (aka how to play prot pally w/o baseline 30% haste). Avoid wow forums since most class forums just cry about how underpowered x is. Google is my friend for specific fights since there are so many wow sites and you never know where some rogue might post that he found out you can los malak's frostbite with smoke bomb so he doesnt get a cast off.

What previous raid experience do you have?

Started in wotlk, cleared all content on hm except LK until we had 15% buff. In cata got to 85 and stopped playing cause I was getting my ass handed to me in school/hockey, had to concentrate on those. Cleared 14/16h (no sha nor empress) on various toons in t14, 10/13h before I left for Europe. Currently 11/14h with 1% wipe on SC and over 200 pulls on it

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    Was part of Relentless Onslaught on Zul'jin, went to Europe for 9 weeks so they, understandably, had to replace me. At that point had all bosses cleared (hm) except for Lei Shen, Ra-den and Primordius (I was sick for their prim kill). Went back to aggramar to raid with a buddy's guild for SoO, started out as mostly friends just chilling, became something not a lot of players in that group could handle in the form of a progression guild. Leaving because everyone else did and everyone in the group is tired of 2-3 pugs a night.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    Looking for a guild with similar mindset, tired of having to research every single class for people. I want a group that comes ready to kill shit, not half hour late because they fell asleep. I am looking for a place that I can raid with longer than half an xpack with that has a stable roster and people that are in my same mindset

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    Forum post

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    I always min max. Like, even outside in the real world, When I'm at work I will do things the fastest way possible (get paid on commision), when I'm shopping I'm going to come with a list and a planned route in my head to get in and out as fast as possible. Little things like that. It's wired in me to not be second best. At work we have a whiteboard where we put up how many lawns we sprayed that day so our boss can total them up. I am the only one who calls it the scoreboard, and almost every single day I am number one. I don't tolerate myself being below others. I don't bash people for going slow since there's nothing I can do to make them better so I just concentrate on getting eve farther ahead

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):

Tired of guilds breaking down, looking for a long time home and a core spot. Willing to switch toons for WoD if dps are needed, either a hunter or windwalker, maybe a warrior. Not willing to heal. That being said, would prefer tanking, proficient at prot warrior and BrM, not good at dk, absolute shit at guardian. One thing that was never mentioned by anyone was roster size. I am not interested in a guild that has a 50 man roster for a 25 man, having half the raid sat per fight and potentially only being in for 1-2kills a night is not fun. Been there and done with that in all honesty. Pretty much it for me, saw in another tank's post you guys were just extending garrosh and weren't lookin for tanks, if that's the case then sorry for wasting all your time. Lates
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Metal - 573 Prot Pally Empty Re: Metal - 573 Prot Pally

Post by Yttrius Tue May 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Omitted the bonus question, wtf?
    er1111
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by er1111 Tue May 13, 2014 10:41 pm

something about quilting or something?

that ain't what im aboot
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Yttrius Tue May 13, 2014 10:47 pm

But you're too good to answer a bonus question to a guild you're applying for?
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Wed May 14, 2014 3:30 am

Quit it Ytt. It's not all about you and your needs.

Thanks for your app. One of the melee officers will be reviewing you soon.
    Kelonaar
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Kelonaar Fri May 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Hey there Metal,
    First I would like to apologize for taking so long to get back to you, things have been a bit hectic recently but we usually try to respond to apps as soon as possible.

Sadly, we're going to have to pass on a trial. Comparing your logs to our current pally tank, there are quite a few things that you could improve on.
    -Your rotation could be cleaned up a bit, in a fight of similar length you were gaining about 80% of the holy power comparatively.
    -Your professions are sub-par for your spec. Stam and a Str proc do little for a prot pally.
    -You had decent self-healing through eternal flame, but with the current state of paladins EF can be used for more than just self-healing with the extra EFs as long as you're maintaining the buff on yourself such as helping to heal the other tank on taunt-swap fights and blanketing the raid to help healers.
    If you have any questions about other places you can improve, let me know and I can talk to you on battle tag. But otherwise, thanks for your app and best of luck in your raiding future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:56 pm