Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Easygoes - Enhancement Shaman

easygoes
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Easygoes - Enhancement Shaman Empty Easygoes - Enhancement Shaman

Post by easygoes Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Hello everyone. As a prerequisite I'm going to disclose that I'm a returning player, so some of my answers might be a little confusing at first. However, if you read to the end of the application most of it should become clear. If I leave any information that you'd like to pursue out, feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer.

Your age:

BattleTag:
    easygoes#1465

Armory Link of Main:
    Both armory links are dead due to inactivity, but I do have these -
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/firetree/Easygoes
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/mal-ganis/Easygoes

Armory Links of Notable Alts:
    N/A currently, for reasons listed above. I do have a few characters I can level to cap, though.

World of Logs/WMO Parses:
    N/A for the same reasons, and the fact that the numbers would be outdated/meaningless.

Screenshot of your UI:
    I do not have a screenshot, but for the most part I just use the DPS ElvUI setup with boss mods and Power Auras for cooldown tracking.

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST):
    Available all days/times.

What add-ons do you rely on most?
    ElvUI, whatever the FOTM boss mod is, and Power Auras(weak auras?)

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    It's changed a lot over the years, but icy-veins seems to have up-to-date information. However, nothing can really beat looking at many guilds' combat logs and thorough play-testing on my own.

What previous raid experience do you have?
    I'm going to combine this question with the question below (hope that's okay!)

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving your current one?
    /DeepBreath...

In classic I didn't make many waves. I was in a casual guild named The Incredibles on the Boulderfist realm. We did decently enough for a casual raid setting, even clearing the first two bosses in Naxx and 5 bosses in AQ40, as well as all other content while it was relevant.

In TBC, I started to change it up a little after tier 4. A friend of mine who I'd done some PvP grinding with (old honor system, FML) convinced me to transfer to Magtheridon. However, it was unstable and ended up getting absorbed by Genesis, where I spent a few months raiding through BT/Hyjal. A school transfer brought that to an end though, and I took a step down to a more casual/semi-HC setting with Ordo Domus on Exodar, where I remained until WotLK.

After constant badgering from my dad and a friend of mine, I finally gave in and decided to reroll Horde (was before faction change) and this is when I started taking raiding a bit more seriously. We raided casually for a bit until we found a few guilds on Area 52 that needed members. This was right around the time TotC was released and I was lucky enough to join the top guild at the time, Vicarious. However, I was blissfully unaware of the events that had shaken the guild just a week before, leaving only the very heart and core behind. Luckily, I was able to collect enough gear before the guild stopped raiding completely to be competitive in the next tier as Heroic modes were being explored for the first time.

A couple weeks later, I joined a guild that was showing serious potential to be a top competitor named Pie Chart. They took me in as a gamble, since I hadn't established myself as a really good player, but I was finally able to join a guild as they were doing progression on something really difficult. I was able to get 4/5 with them and stayed until we finally killed Anub'Arak on heroic, and eventually getting Tribute to Insanity (and realm first+Grand Crusader title). I planned to stay with them through ICC as well, until something happened. I thought at the time that botting was harmless, and I knew it was against the rules, but I was a kid and I didn't really care about the consequences of my actions. When I got banned for a month, I was sent to a pretty dark place emotionally and ended up parting ways with them, saying that the account was permabanned.

That probably would have been the end of my WoW career if it hadn't been for my friends that convinced me to reroll and make a guild with them. As is the case with most guilds consisting of RL friends, everyone eventually got bored and I ended up inheriting another Shaman through one of them, leaving my old one behind. I joined Exordium on Eredar to progress through ICC. With Pie Chart and Exordium, I learned that I could easily compete with most damage in the raid, and usually parsed in the top 10 for Enhancement on every fight. So, when a spot in Blood Legion opened up, I decided to try it.

For the most part the people in it were around my skill level or below, but my time there wasn't anything to brag about. Looking back, I honestly don't know what I was expecting. When Cataclysm came out, I took a week off of work and decided to be serious. However, I was completely unprepared for the progression raid environment here, and I honestly don't know how people keep up with it. After about a 50 hour session of leveling and dungeon grinding for blue gear we went straight into BWD for about an 8 hour raid. During one of the boss fights I ended up falling asleep, and I rode the bench for the rest of the week because of it. I realized that kind of environment and pressure definitely isn't what I was about, so I left. (wowprogress says i was in for 2 years, thats not true I was only there for a few months)

After that I stayed inactive until a group of friends approached me around Firelands release wanting to make a guild. This time, the organizational structure was much better and I decided it might be fun. Our name was Limited Liability, and we did pretty well- cleared all heroic content with the exception of Ragnaros. This was mostly due to one half of the guild pulling the weight for the other half, so when Sean approached us, we merged and formed Team Malice. With Team Malice I cleared 7/8 heroic modes as progression and I sat out for the Deathwing kill (everyone knows that killing spine prenerf was the REAL final boss anyway). After we had Dragon Soul on farm, I quietly parted ways with Team Malice since Mists of Pandaria didn't really interest me.

Once again, I remained inactive until one of my friends called me into a Mumble server where I saw a lot of familiar names. There was a lot of "getting the band back together" nostalgia and this time there were a lot more good players. This was during Throne of Thunder, we ended up killing 5 bosses on heroic the first few weeks we were together, it was looking great. However, a certain friend of mine had been invited to Sean's guild again (this time under the flag Overture, which I think they're still called now) and I had no motivation to play other than to hang out with him, since we had just recently become roommates, and he was the whole reason I agreed to come back. As expected, progression with Overture was a breeze, and it was a lot of fun too. However, when the 3 rogue FOTM ended, so did most of my friend's raid invites. I don't dislike or judge Sean for benching my friend, but it was lame to make the move together and not be able to raid together. Since ToT was on farm at this point, I quietly parted from Team Malice/Overture once again.

I haven't done Siege of Orgrimmar.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    After reading about Shade of Arrows in Mists and the goals in WoD, I thought that I might be able to help reach the goals that have been set, and have fun while doing it.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    I happened across your web site via wowprogress.com and noticed there was another Shaman applicant you were considering, so I decided to give it a try.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    I'd say that I am pretty competitive. A few years ago I used to care about huge numbers and parsing in the top 10 on every fight (even top 50 while at a gear deficit), but my attitude and play style have adjusted since then. Not to be any less competitive, but it's more that I don't care about measuring anymore. My primary focus is beating the boss by any means necessary. I've quite taken a liking to being a utility player (CC, healing, etc)

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    This is pretty vague, but let's see if I can write something without stumbling over words.

MMOs have been a part of my growing up and maturing process throughout my life, having started when I was 14 with my dad and other family/friends. I've gone through a lot of phases with WoW, and I'd like to consider myself a veteran (washed up? LOL) that's seen the raiding scene from every angle possible and at every skill level, from casual to world class.

I'm someone that understands the value of the hard work that every person puts in to reach the next boss, level or whatever tier system you want to use. I don't take myself too seriously, but I don't treat this like a joke, either. Well, I guess the skill curve of WoW is pretty much a joke, but the teamwork and combined effort isn't.

If you have an interest in picking up a Shaman that will improve your experience, I hope you'll think of me. Thanks for taking the time to read my application, and thank you for your consideration.
    Vesper
    Vesper
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Easygoes - Enhancement Shaman Empty Re: Easygoes - Enhancement Shaman

Post by Vesper Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Hey Easygoes, Thanks for the app (very well done btw), I'll talk it over with the other officers and get back to you asap.
    easygoes
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by easygoes Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Hello again! I'm TERRIBLY sorry that I wasted your time, but an old friend came to me with an offer to join his guild. Feel free to add my battle tag anyway, if you'd like to chat!
    Vesper
    Vesper
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Vesper Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:17 pm

It's no problem, Best of luck in WoD!
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Yttrius Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 pm

You guys really want that Enhancement Shaman eh?? I fix my computer / buy new one and I go boom boom.
    savedya
    savedya
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by savedya Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:27 am

Yttrius wrote:You guys really want that Enhancement Shaman eh?? I fix my computer / buy new one and I go boom boom.

I don't know if I've ever heard more excuses come out of one dude for not pretending to be a magical dragonslayer.
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Yttrius Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:59 am

My wife loves me.

Proof. She walked into my office tonight saying that she knows I love my gaming and couldn't wait for Christmas to give it to me. So here's my early present.
    Easygoes - Enhancement Shaman 10807_10152589954668224_1922752074479661508_n

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:04 am