Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
savedya
Just Ian
Tenebrus
Felstone
8 posters

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight

Felstone
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight Empty 579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight

Post by Felstone Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:05 am

Your age:
    28 (old man)

BattleTag:
    Felstone#1154

Armory Link of Main:
    Tidecaller - Enhancement Shaman

Armory Links of Notable Alts:
    Felstone - Blood / Unholy Death Knight
    Wildbarley - Brewmaster Monk

World of Logs/WMO Parses:
    Epeen Bot isn't going to be very impressive given how long it takes for my last guild to kill bosses (DPSe), but this is what i am capable of
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s9l4t0nolywwgp8r/sum/damageDone/?s=1512&e=1826

Screenshot of your UI:
    By keeping my binds tight distance wise it limits travel and allows me better movement
    (from left to right) using key:alt:ctrl
    "`" is mapped to the "5" key - Wind Shear (kick): [Castsequence] reset=30 Shamanistic Rage, Ancestral Guidance, Healing Stream Totem
    "1" - Lightning bolt: [Castsequence] reset=2 Chain Lightning, Magma Totem
    "2" - Lava Lash
    "3" - Elemental Mastery: Searing Totem: Fire Elemental Totem
    "4" - Ascendance: Stormlash Totem
    "Mouse 4" - Ghost Wolf
    alt + "Mouse 4" - [Castsequence] Spirit Walk, Drums of Speed, Engineering Belt (this is basically my WARP SPEED button)
    "Mouse 5" - Out of combat this is my mount button, in combat it because my Fire Nova

I have a few other buttons i might have missed, like my Primal Earth Elemental macro that automatically uses the 20% DR ability (60sec dur)

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight MPL6QWM

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST): 
    Most of my work is done remote, so i have a flexible schedule, as long as i know in advance i can make almost any day or time.

What add-ons do you rely on most?
    - Clique (raid frame use)
    - Grid + GridStatusRaidDebuff + GridStatusRaidIcons
    - oRA3 (raid CDs)
    - RSA (kicks + raid CD announce)

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    TotemSpot
    EJ forums
    MMOChamp forums
    AskMrRobot forums

What previous raid experience do you have?
    Vanilla - My guild was called vodka, i played a Restro Druid named Silverleaf. Started out doing 40man BRD clears to Molten Core, quit some time after the AQ40 gate events (beginning of the Zwink era).

TBC - Joined Crisis, wiped on pre-nerf Muru 4 days a week for more months than i can count

WoTLK - Became an officer in Crisis, also became main tank on my Death Knight. Lead our small guild to several server firsts, including the tittle i am most proud of . H Lich King proved too much drama for one guild to withstand and we broke up at the end of the expansion.

Cata & MoP - Crisis remained in one for or another, as a ten man guild and then just a group a friends, and i joined those friends on Area 52 at the end of this expansion in Lucid. Nothing to really brag about, but i have challenge mode golds complete on 3 different tank classes and my shaman. Currently 11/14H in SoO.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    I have nothing negative to say about Lucid, it was just more of a casual raiding environment than i was looking for, and honestly i don't see that guild completing the expansion.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    I have yet to complete an expansion, and post nerf Muru doesn't count. Every guild i've been in or lead has blown up at the close of the expansion and i'd like to get at least 1 heroic Garry kill under my belt. I'd also like to find a guild that shares my values and dig my heels in hoping to make the roster cuts that are coming with WoD.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    Recruitment forums

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    I had a very good friend of mine that also raided as Enhancement in my last guild, we'd que up the Mortal Combat theme song in binds (on vent) and smash shit. Other than the friendly rivalry (bromance), improving my Epeen numbers and ranking has been a ongoing goal of mine.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    I will go above and beyond, i will do anything you ask me to do. Be that power leveling Leatherworking in a day for the nature resist enchant on heroic Anub'arak, or Engineering for the tinker stun on Crawler Mines during Seigecrafter.

And most importantly, i have a thick skin, i can take criticism, constructive or otherwise.

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    I'm a seamstress? That's great. I come out of cryo-prison and I'm Betsy fucking Ross.
    Tenebrus
    Tenebrus
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight Empty Re: 579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight

Post by Tenebrus Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks for the app! A melee officer will get back to you asap.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight Empty Re: 579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight

Post by Just Ian Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:12 pm

Comparing your logs to Pacteh 's enhance Shaman (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2pgmqybwpdf3k0kl/), I found a few things:

Malkorok: His kill was about 70 seconds faster.

-Your Flame Shock uptime is 10% lower.
    -The time between your lava lashes was about a second higher on average. Same for Stormstrike/Stormblast

These are both areas that have you have room to improve. Other than that, logs look quite good and your damage seems very good. I also dig the UI. RothUI?
    savedya
    savedya
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by savedya Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:56 pm

I always liked the way rothui looked but never liked how the hp bars updated. Has it gotten any better?
    Felstone
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Felstone Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Banzad wrote:Comparing your logs to Pacteh 's enhance Shaman (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2pgmqybwpdf3k0kl/), I found a few things:

Malkorok: His kill was about 70 seconds faster.

-Your Flame Shock uptime is 10% lower.
    -The time between your lava lashes was about a second higher on average. Same for Stormstrike/Stormblast

These are both areas that have you have room to improve. Other than that, logs look quite good and your damage seems very good. I also dig the UI. RothUI?

These are both areas i will improve on.

Yeah, Roth is very clean, it's a shame it breaks almost every major patch cycle  Rolling Eyes 
    Felstone
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Felstone Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:42 pm

savedya wrote:I always liked the way rothui looked but never liked how the hp bars updated. Has it gotten any better?

I think that was an issue with the unit frame mod oUF. Using an entire package like this comes with it's disadvantages, every once in a while i'm forced to go back to stock.
    Kelonaar
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Kelonaar Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Hey there Fel,
    Banzad seems to like doing most of my work for me, but I checked out some of your logs too. Like he said FS uptime and tightening up your rotation is a good place to start improving on. One thing I'd like to add though. FS uptime is important, but a big chunk of it's tick damage is actually through snapshotting and maintaining a FS with trinket procs/pot/etc. It's hard to tell from the logs whether or not you're doing so, but comparing your logs to Purge, it seems like his average flame shock tick damage is a decent bit higher. It could be from gear, but I thought I'd mention it so you can work on improving there as well if you aren't currently doing so.

Otherwise though, your DPS does seem pretty good. Your progression could be better, but we're always looking for good players even with the absurd amounts of the shaman master class that we currently have haha. I think it would be worth giving you a shot as a cross-realm trial for a bit to see what you can do. Trial offered.
    Hakushi
    Hakushi
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Hakushi Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Banzad wrote:-Your Flame Shock uptime is 10% lower.

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight 270d711331

I'm also apparently separate in this, but I believe you should be tying EM to Ascendance, that way it'll line up with every Ascendance, with every AoC proc (115sec ICD), and every Fire Ele. (Separate meaning, different to Pactje and Dazboot)

Pactje is cool and all, you have Dazboot on your server as well if you find time to talk to him though his logs seem a bit weird as well (aka using dat EM on CD)

I like to refer to Shaman gods Purge and Felocity.

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight 799d29ef1d

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight 7721354f37

For reference, using EM with Asc is primarily because the CDs are out of whack thanks to AOC. When you go back to having a 3min Asc, if you have EM talented, you pretty much use it on CD because it'll tie up with Asc regardless.

I have no idea how to look at the thing that Banzad guy looked at so YOLO.

Last edited by Hakushi on Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hakushi
    Hakushi
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Hakushi Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Kelonaar wrote:big chunk of it's tick damage is actually through snapshotting and maintaining a FS with trinket procs/pot/etc. It's hard to tell from the logs whether or not you're doing so, but comparing your logs to Purge, it seems like his average flame shock tick damage is a decent bit higher.

I was casually looking not at this, but I noticed he only cast 10 FSs during said fight, so it appears he didn't re-apply with increased procs of trinkets.

Scratch that, I YOLO looked closer.

Pls re-apply FS when you have Dextrous proc'd. For reference that'll be lining up with Asc more often now and thus EM, head calculations say it'll be better to have only one trinket proc + EM in your FS than 2 trinket procs + EM if it's going to finish 15 seconds sooner, ie. as your ICD + EM are finishing (They should overlap perfectly since they're both 20 seconds) you can re-apply it with both of those procs and get an extra X duration of buffed FS.

579 Enhancement Shaman / 570 Blood or Unholy Death Knight 05669fa2fa

Also, it's hard to tell on that but it appears there's a couple of your FS that didn't have UF on them, from memory UF is a 30% buff to your Flame Shock damage, hence y'know. 1+1 = a rainbow. Also, FS is the only portion of your damage that consumes UF so you should almost always be spending those on FS. To my memory, FS does more single target damage on initial application than ES as well (or at least it does with UF up, iunno, reasons), so if your FS is not going to gain anything from re-applying in terms of ticks, ie. it's going to stay the same, and you have a UF proc up, use FS instead of filling with ES.

Oh and just to add on about the whole DoT snapshotting thing, a) it's gone in WoD so y'know, things. b) there's times when you want to have a full duration Flame Shock up rather than a damage increased one, ie. if you have a 20 second FS up with procs on it, but there's adds about to move into range that you can spread it to that need to be AoEd down, refresh FS so said adds get a 30 second FS spread to them instead of a 20 second one, a) this gives you 10 seconds more of procs, b) 10 seconds more of Fire Nova, an example of this is adds on Garrosh, a 101 guide on how to pad with Fire Nova.

Of course, as I mentioned, when WoD comes, forget EVERYTHING!
    Felstone
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Felstone Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:49 pm

I appreciate the insight Hakushi, and i agree with everything you've said (especially FS/EM usage), hopefully i can improve on those things and make a good impression during my trial.
    Skumasteve
    Skumasteve
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Skumasteve Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 pm

im a shaman too, can I post on teh forumz ples bb?
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 am

This trial should occur on his dps DK, not his shaman, since he offered.
    Tenebrus
    Tenebrus
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Tenebrus Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:24 am

Cobane wrote:This trial should occur on his dps DK, not his shaman, since he offered.

kthx
    Felstone
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Felstone Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:37 am

Application withdrawn, i was given an opportunity to raid with a friend whos raid times are a little more conducive.
    Hakushi
    Hakushi
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Hakushi Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:42 am

Felstone wrote:Application withdrawn, i was given an opportunity to raid with a friend whos raid times are a little more conducive.

Enjoy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am