Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

14/14 Prot Warrior

Scuz
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

14/14 Prot Warrior Empty 14/14 Prot Warrior

Post by Scuz Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:43 am

Your age:

BattleTag:
    scuzzywuzzy#1651

Armory Link of Main:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Scuz/simple

Armory Links of Notable Alts:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Scuzkwondo/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Scoozy/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Scuzz%C3%BDwuzzy/simple

World of Logs/WMO Parses:
    I explained in a mumble interview that I am coming back to WoW from a 2 1/2 month hiatus and as such, have very little proof that I was ever a good player. Sorry.

Screenshot of your UI:
    https://i.imgur.com/MwUPNaZ.jpg

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST):
    At the moment, every day.

What add-ons do you rely on most?
    Elvui, Weakauras, Hermes. I definitely feel like I can do pretty much anything with those three. The Elvui is there because I think it looks good, and if you disagree we can never be friends.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    For the most part I just use the armories of top end players. If I see overlapping patterns of gemming, enchanting, gearing I will analyse them and if needed, apply them to my own style of play. Otherwise I just read what I can from the WoW forums, to specific guild sites, I sometimes even go to other players servers and try to interrogate them about their choices, because what ever they know that I don't, is not acceptable.

I feel like I know enough about my class to make educated decisions on what I should be doing, and when I should be doing it.

What previous raid experience do you have?
    Quite a bit:

In vanilla, I cleared all of MC, BWL, AQ20-40, the BS 10 mans, but never stepped foot in Naxx.

In BC, I cleared all of tier 4 (prenerf IIRC), all of tier 5 prenerf, and all of tier 6 prenerf. My guild at the time managed to get the first 3 bosses down in Sunwell before the nerf, and also fully cleared before WotLK. KKJ was still pretty hard after the nerf.

in WotLK, all of tier 7, all of tier 8 including up to 1 light before a nerf, and all of ICC and Halion on heroic. We did not manage to score a Heroic Lich King kill before a 30% nerf, but did go back and do it without a buff (after some gear of course).

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    TL/DR: Too bad, read my life story.

In 2006 (vanilla) I was part of a guild called Vindication on Undermine, which died shortly after BC launched. This was my first real raiding experience and shortly after getting the itch for something more hardcore, I left.

In early BC I should a guild called Abyss on Undermine. These were the best years of WoW for me (so far!). We managed to build up from a guild that struggled to clear Kara, to a well respected guild on our community over the course of the expansion. By the time WotLK rolled out however, most of us were losing steam and as a result, the guild fell apart. I took the remaining membership and moved us from low-pop Undermine, to Area 52.

At this point I was the GM of Abyss, but after we moved to A52 in late WotLK, I stepped down and was just an officer (was wore out). We named the new guild Omnicide and raided here for a little over a year. Once Cataclysm was announced, the guild collectively decided to stop raiding, but I wanted to keep progressing, so I joined Flatline. I raided there for few months but returned to Omnicide once the xpac launched.

After our new GM flat out refused to do hardmodes, I decided f*** that guy, i'm too bada$$ for this shyt, so I transferred to Deathwing and joined a guild called Traumatic. Traumatic was fun, but was just barely a step up from where I was. The amazing thing about Traumatic is again, the guild built itself from a dot on the radar to doing something respectable by clearing ToT prenerf. We didn't fair so well in SoO though, and barely managed to get a Heroic Thok kill before eventually imploding due to officers being girly and stressing right out of the game. So I transferred, with many people from the guild, to Sargeras and joined Smitus and Friends where I have been ever since.

The End.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    Well. I need to find a new guild to raid in BEFORE WoD releases, and since I probably will get annoyed (eventually) if I had to re-progress through SoO, I think it's probably best for myself to join a guild at the same level of progression I am. Honestly though, I don't know that much about this guild other than a few of you look like you have demon eyes in the picture of you and Blood Legion.

I've been watching a few videos on your boss kills and some guy doing a flex, and so far, you guys seem pretty chill.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    You found me. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087848668

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    I am not competitive, I'm not complacent either. My goal in what I do is to complete a task as effectively and efficiently as I can. If there are improvement to be made (there always is), I hold myself obligated to make them. That being said, if I see that another tank is doing something better than I am, I will make it my priority to understand why and make adjustments accordingly. I believe that in the long run, tanking is a cooperative role, and that will only solidify once the change to vengeance goes live.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    As mentioned before, i'm a 20 something college student without a job, pretty much a trifecta. I'm studying Computer Science at the moment, and intend to transfer to a 4 year in about 1 years time (i started late). Outside of WoW, I spend a lot of time doing what everyone else does pretty much, playing other games, watching movies, reading, masturbating, and walking my dog. Not always in that order.

I almost never have issues blending in with most crowds. I've dealt with pretty intense anxiety my whole life, so being in survival mode pretty much 24/7 + my Xanax prescription makes me pretty easy to get along with, even if it's fake and I secretly hate you. Life is pretty boring at the moment, since I can't afford to really do anything other than play WoW, but I did sign up to take flying lessons recently, which is pretty cool.

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    That is a pretty personal question, and I don't feel comfortable answering it. In fact I'm offended, so good job.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

14/14 Prot Warrior Empty Re: 14/14 Prot Warrior

Post by Just Ian Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:54 am

Scuz wrote:Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    That is a pretty personal question, and I don't feel comfortable answering it. In fact I'm offended, so good job.

Yttrius will probably offer his own opinion, but I love this answer.
    Garrod
    Garrod
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Garrod Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Scuz wrote:even if it's fake and I secretly hate you.

14/14 Prot Warrior 1348496842256
    Hakushi
    Hakushi
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Hakushi Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:53 pm

"I've dealt with pretty intense anxiety my whole life"

Welcome to the club!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content