Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Just Ian
Kelonaar
xzand
Oromiselda
Zombie240
Dibby
10 posters

Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk

Dibby
    Dibby
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk Empty Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk

Post by Dibby Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Your age: 24

BattleTag: Dibby#1582

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Dibface/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts: n/a

World of Logs/WMO Parses: These are a bit outdated, but should work. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/344/

Screenshot of your UI: https://i.imgur.com/WPnEvZU.jpg

List the days you are raid available (Sun-Thurs 8-12pm EST): All of the days. ALL OF EM.

What add-ons do you rely on most?
    DBM, Raven, Skada (SKADA MASTER RACE SUCK IT RECOUNT), Omen, Bartender, ReforgeLite, TidyPlates, Tao

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class?
    MMO-Champion forums, Elitist Jerks, Sunnier's Art of War

What previous raid experience do you have?
    Started raiding in late Wrath. ICC on a Hunter. Nothing of consequence really, just normals.

Carried over on my Hunter to Cataclysm. Full norm clear of T11. Switched to Blood DK for Firelands. Started on Heroics in Dragon Soul, full cleared on Heroic (but really who didn't full clear that on heroic jeez)

Switched to Brewmaster Monk for Mists. Went 9/16H in T14 (6/6H 3/6H 4/4N). Went 10/13H in T15. Currently 11/14H in T16.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving?
    Oh jeez this is gonna be a bit long. Okay:
    Into the West on Lothar was my first guild. Left because they were assholes and there was drama.
    Beasts of Unusual Size on Ravenholdt. Great bunch of guys but the guild fell apart due to burnout or w/e.
    Penumbra on Earthen Ring. Same thing as previous guild, just fell apart.
    Frost Watch on Earthen Ring. Wasn't really to my liking. Zero social atmosphere and lack of progression.
    Avant Garde on Earthen Ring. A ton of drama and an overly-emotional raid leader, as well as lack of progression.
    Catch Phrase on Earthen Ring. Great guild, made solid progression there (this is the guild I was in when I hit 11/14H), but imploded because bunch of people left. I believe quite a few of them wandered over your way. WINK WINK.
    The Remnants on Earthen Ring. I decided I wanted to keep raiding so I hopped over with them since I was friends with some of em. Nice group but unfortunately died pretty much right as I joined up with em.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)?
    Well, if my previous raid/guild history is any indication, I REALLY would like a guild that is going to be in it for the long haul. I'm so, so tired of having to find new guilds because my current guild died or imploded or just... whatever, yknow? I really just want a place I can call home.

That aside, I've also been looking to step up my game a bit. My progression isn't anything stellar, but for the server I was on it was pretty good. It was also the first time I had really done any heroic progression. But now I want something better, because I know I can do better and be better. I'm tired of being in guilds where half of the raiders are really dedicated and the other half don't give a shit. I want a guild where EVERYONE is going to give it their all.

Also because like 4 of my friends from a previous guild (Catch Phrase) are with you and they're cool guys I GUESS????

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)?
    Friend referred me. So actually I have 4 friends already in your guild: Gurio, Xzand, Banzad, and SOME HUNTER THAT CHANGED HIS DUMB NAME GOD.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specifiy other)?
    I'd say so. I mean, mostly myself because I'm a tank and I can't really compete with DPS on most fights (although I can on some WINK WINK). I do find it fun to compete with my co-tank but goddamn that's so dependent on the fight and Vengeance gains and blah blah dumb stuff.

So it's mostly me. And it's mostly me just trying to get better and do better than last time.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
    I have SUPES GOOD awareness and reaction. I've pulled off some really clutch shit, like soloing Thok up to 55 stacks before I died, simply BECAUSE I COULD. Also soloing Heroic Garalon past his Berserk up to some ungodly amount of stacks. Granted, it was in Throne of Thunder gear BUT STILL. It was p cool yo. BREWMASTERS OP MAYBE?

I'm a very laid back dude and I like to curse. A lot. LIKE OKAY, pretty much every 2nd or 3rd word of mine is "fuck" or "shit" or "fuckin' shit". JUST BEIN' UP FRONT ABOUT THAT. So I like fucking around and having fun, but I also know when to put my game face on and flip that switch to being serious.

I play not only a Panda, but a FEM PANDA, which is the panda master race. Also I enjoy long walks on the beach and PET BATTLES FUCK YEAH. Although there's like nothing new on the pet battle frontier and I've gotten everything I need from the Celestial Tournament SO MY LIFE IS IN SHAMBLES NOW.

Bonus question >>Do you attend couple's cross-stitching?<<
    I tried going there once but they kicked me out cause as it turns out your right hand does not qualify as a significant other. FUCK THE POLICE.
    Zombie240
    Zombie240
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk Empty Re: Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk

Post by Zombie240 Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Best bat-kiter NA

--------------

Besides that, dibby had near perfect attendance when raiding with us, showed up with his game-face on every night, and most importantly of all showed up motivated to progress.

Last edited by Zombie240 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Oromiselda
    Oromiselda
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Oromiselda Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:31 pm

I had to change my name because some faggot has mine at lvl 9 and still has an active account : /. All bullshit aside Dibby was one of the few raiders in my guild that I could count on to get shit done. He was part of the group that showed up every raid and got the job done and actually WANTED to down content. He's one of the very few that if he made a mistake he'd own up to it and fix it, not make excuses as to why it wasn't his fault and responded very well to constructive criticism. Instead of taking it as a personal blow to his ego like most. On top of that i believe, having raided with him for so long, that his skill cap is much higher than he's been raiding. If he had others around him to challenge him, take him to the next level, I believe he can be a stellar raider. Even better than he is now. He was usually carrying an OT and one of the sole reasons we killed a few bosses back in the day. I also believe his personality will mesh well here with zero issues. He's the kind of person that will be able to jump straight in, joke around, and get some shit done. So that being said I believe he'd make an excellent addition to our team.
    xzand
    xzand
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by xzand Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Will you wear your red shirt to every raid?
    Kelonaar
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Kelonaar Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Hello Dibby,
    A couple quick questions before I check out your logs.
         -Is there a reason you're running with such a high amount of haste?
         -Do you have a way to track external CDs on yourself?
         -Do you click anything? I notice a few of your important abilities are missing keybinds.
    Dibby
    Dibby
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Dibby Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Kelonaar wrote:Hello Dibby,
    A couple quick questions before I check out your logs.
         -Is there a reason you're running with such a high amount of haste?
         -Do you have a way to track external CDs on yourself?
         -Do you click anything? I notice a few of your important abilities are missing keybinds.

There's a few reasons for me having a high amount of Haste. I've only ever done 10m, and there's zero reason to put anything into Mastery for 10m. I'm waaaay past Crit Cap so really anything left over goes into Haste. I do realize 25m hits harder and I would re-gear for Mastery. I should also add that adding more Haste leads to a pretty substantial dps increase, which is huge in 10m since you effectively act as another dps.

I do have a way to track externals. It doesn't show in the screenshot, but right above my Stance Bar I have bars to track things like that as they pop up on me.

The only things I click are Legacy of the Emperor (stats buff) and my Potion. That 3rd bar up top, that's the way it looks outside of raiding. I use an addon called ActionBarSaver for quick bar layout swapping, so it doesn't end up being a weird hassle. I have a raid profile saved and one for out-in-the-world stuff. In raid, Zen Med ends up on G and my T60 talent ends up on Ctrl+G.
    If for whatever reason I need something like Clash or Nimble Brew or Grapple Weapon (the really oddball only needed sometimes stuff) I usually swap those out for something I won't need that fight, like Dizzying Haze or Transcendence or whatever. Can't wait for that button bloat removal in 6.0.

Hope that answers your questions.
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Dibby the Lord appin' all up in here. Sick.

There is a very solid chance that fucks and shits will be slung, but I completely back Oro/Umaroth up. Very solid tank, always did great when I raided with him, and pulled good numbers on top of asking for externals, managing his own survivability, and handling mechanics appropriately. I never had any complaints about Dibby.
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Yttrius Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Cusses like a sailor and likes sexy man Banzad. I like him.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 am

Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk Memece10
    Oromiselda
    Oromiselda
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Oromiselda Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:16 am

Cobane wrote:Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk Memece10

Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk No-fat-chicks1
    Dibby
    Dibby
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Dibby Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Team Dibby is the best team. All day erry day.
    Kelonaar
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Kelonaar Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Dibby. Me and Sam checked out your logs and don't see any issues, so your shining recommendations from your old guildies seem like they're correct. We'd like to offer you a trial.

A side note- we've had many tank apps coming in recently. Do you happen to have a WW spec that you could swap to if we need to switch up the tank comp at some point?
    Dibby
    Dibby
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Dibby Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Kelonaar wrote:Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Dibby. Me and Sam checked out your logs and don't see any issues, so your shining recommendations from your old guildies seem like they're correct. We'd like to offer you a trial.

A side note- we've had many tank apps coming in recently. Do you happen to have a WW spec that you could swap to if we need to switch up the tank comp at some point?

No worries, yo. I do have a Windwalker spec, and I can play it pretty well. The only issue is that my Windwalker gear is essentially my Tank gear with a few pieces switched around. It's been incredibly hard to assemble a second set of gear, either from pieces not dropping or other Agi/Leather users needing them for mainspec. So it's not optimal, but it's still decent I think.

I'll get my server transfer/faction change-majigger done probably tomorrow.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Dibby - 575 Brewmaster Monk Memece10

Still relevant.
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Yttrius Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Is that Darka holding the big lady up?
    Tenebrus
    Tenebrus
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Tenebrus Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:22 pm

No. Thats Cobane holding Darka up.
    Zombie240
    Zombie240
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Zombie240 Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:27 pm

I dunno, our group for Garrosh was stacked... #teamDufbane?
    Nalladar
    Nalladar
    Probably One of Kuze's Alts
    Probably One of Kuze's Alts

Post by Nalladar Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Man someone needs to make a priest or name change their priest to Dufbane and be there just to troll him with lifegrips.
    Dibby
    Dibby
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Dibby Tue May 06, 2014 1:23 am

I'm withdrawing my app. The tl;dr reason is that I'm burning out on Raiding and WoW in general like super hard. Logging into raid isn't something fun for me anymore. It feels like a chore and there's nothing but relief when it's over.

I didn't make this decision lightly. This is something I thought about long and hard for a good while. I really did try to make it work (especially since I spent $55 on a transfer) but ultimately I just can't do this anymore. I've been playing this game for a long time and it's finally taken it's toll on me.

Good luck on killing Garrosh.
    xzand
    xzand
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by xzand Tue May 06, 2014 1:33 am

Crying or Very sad 
    Just Ian
    Just Ian
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

Post by Just Ian Tue May 06, 2014 1:35 am

Dibby I thought what we had was special.

Good luck in your future endeavors man. It's been fun, both here and in Catch Phrase.
    Dibby
    Dibby
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Dibby Tue May 06, 2014 1:38 am

Banzad wrote:Dibby I thought what we had was special.

Good luck in your future endeavors man. It's been fun, both here and in Catch Phrase.

You will always be in my heart, Manzad <3

Catch Phrase was the most fun guild I've ever been in. Keep on rockin' duders.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Tue May 06, 2014 2:27 am

Game's too hard! Didn't really give it a chance. Was what, two weeks? Good luck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 am