Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Theronidas - Marksman Hunter - WITHDRAWN

Theronidas
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Theronidas - Marksman Hunter - WITHDRAWN Empty Theronidas - Marksman Hunter - WITHDRAWN

Post by Theronidas Mon May 24, 2010 3:03 am

Character Name: Theronidas
    Class: Hunter
    Talent Spec: Marksmanship

Your age: 15

Your weekly raid availability (We raid Fri/Sat 6-10pm server + Sun 4-8 server): Available for all of those days / times.

What add-ons do you use (Check our Information for Raiders page to see our required mods)? Using the required add-ons, RangeDisplay, and a few UI add-ons like Bartender, Sexymap, and Pitbull.

Do you have access to Vent? Yes.

What sort of tools (calculators, builders, spreadsheets, etc.) do you use to plan your characters (if any)? Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer from Femaledwarf.com

Provide the armory link to the character you are applying with: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Velen&cn=Theronidas

List any ICC 25 achievements you have: Storming the Citadel and I've Gone and Made a Mess

Please include a screenshot of your UI: https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/2gt8akp.jpg

What are your best in slot items for each slot from ICC 10 normal mode (Give us your gear wishlist)?
    Neck : Rimetooth Pendant
    Chest : Hauberk of a Thousand Cuts
    Trinket 1 : Whispering Fanged Skull
    Main Hand : Soulbreaker
    Offhand : Frost Giant's Cleaver

What previous raid experience do you have? I've downed the First Wing of ICC, and then gone on to downing Rotface, Festergut, and Valithria Dreamwalker. Have had the first wing plus Rotface and Festergut on farm on my main for months.

What guilds have you been a member of? Epic Warfare and Raging Fury on this character. And numerous Alliance guilds on my main character only of few of which were dedicated to progression.

Why did you leave your previous and current guilds? Previous guilds didn't progress at the pace I'd like. Most of the guilds I've been in were satisfied with the first wing on farm plus Rotface and Fester and didn't try to hard to get further bosses down. Also poor attendance, sometimes so bad we wouldn't have enough members online to put a raid together at the scheduled time.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)? I'm looking for a guild interested in progression. I've heard good things about this guild. Tired of the first few bosses. Looking to have fun, because doing the first few bosses month after month takes the fun out of the game for me.

Tell us about yourself, to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks): I enjoy playing WoW, I have a few level 80 characters both Horde and Alliance. I'm 15 years old, been playing WoW since the end of BC. I love running old content and helping lower levels. And especially like leveling up new characters and learning about their specific roles in the game. Also terribly addicted to WoW lore.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Theronidas - Marksman Hunter - WITHDRAWN Empty Re: Theronidas - Marksman Hunter - WITHDRAWN

Post by Cobane Mon May 24, 2010 8:35 am

Thank you for applying! We would like to start trialing you June 11th. The next two weeks are not agreeable for trialing due to some officer vacations. We will send you an in-game calendar invite for the weekend your trial will take place.

In the mean time, Nalladar will have some comments and questions for you about your class.
    Jayden
    Jayden
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)
    Krew Exec (1 of the 9)

Theronidas - Marksman Hunter - WITHDRAWN Empty Re: Theronidas - Marksman Hunter - WITHDRAWN

Post by Jayden Mon May 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Theronidas-

I added you to the calendar invites, please accept or decline in-game. Also, please "/join SoAtrials" channel when you have a chance. We use this as a channel for our members to get to know applicants during their trial. You can join your alts to that channel as well.

We will give you forum access to our strategy page so you can read up on any ICC bosses if needed.

Also, as Sangrey mentioned above^ we will get you in Friday June 11th (and that weekend) if you are available. Let me know if you need anything.

*Jay/Deezd
    Nalladar
    Nalladar
    Probably One of Kuze's Alts

Post by Nalladar Mon May 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello there fellow hunter-

Please answer the following questions.

1. Name some trinkets that can bet gotten outside the raid environment that are better then the Mark of Supremacy with your current gear. (this may require some regemming to achieve this affect)

2. Any DPS class needs to worry about control and survival before you worry about DPS. Name some situations in ICC, that as a hunter, you would have a specific job that would come before DPS. (What may you be focusing on instead of DPS?)

3. What do you believe would be an overall DPS increase if there was not replenishment in the raid, your current spec or a SV spec that included replenishment? explain.

4. Why would Tuskarr's Vitality be a theoretical DPS increase over your current boot enchant? Why would engineering's rocket boots be a DPS increase?

5. At what point would an MM hunter start gemming for ArP over AGL?

6. Why would a 10 man raiding hunter wait even longer to gem for ArP then a 25 man raiding hunter? (the answer I am looking for here is not in relation to gear)

Last edited by Nalladar on Tue May 25, 2010 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theronidas
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Theronidas Tue May 25, 2010 4:11 am

1. A few trinkets better than Mark of Supremacy are Banner of Victory from the ToC 5 man on normal mode, The Needle Encrusted Scorpion from H FoS, and the Mirror of Truth from the Emblem of Heroism vendor. If I were to aquire on of those trinkets I might have to gem for a little bit of hit seeing as Mark of Supremacy has 128 hit rating, and none of those trinkets have hit rating. They're both better becuase they have a chance on hit effect which is usually better than an on-use effect depending on the situation.

2. During the Rotface encounter you sacrifice dps by kiting your small ooze and merging it with the big ooze, but guarantying your survival to continue DPSing later in the fight once your ooze has merged.

3. The best I could think of was switching in and out of AotViper before I was out of mana instead of waiting until my mana is completely depleted, and also using my Bloof Elf racial ability whenever it's off cooldown.

4. Theoretically Tuskarr's Vitality would be a dps increase over my current boot enchant becuase during fights which require you to step out of harmful things on the ground I could get out of them faster and continue with my damage in a safer spot.

5. An MM hunter would start gemming for ArP over AGL once the hunter had 800 ArP from gear alone.

6. Sorry, I fail to see why a 10 man raiding hunter would wait longer to gem full ArP over AGL than a 25 man raiding hunter.
    Nalladar
    Nalladar

Post by Nalladar Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm

1. Right on with this one the Needle Encrusted Scorpion would be your biggest DPS increase and is not too difficult to get.

2. Correct. Also you may be asked to be on ball duty on many fights, like blood princes (They're SO HARD!!..inside joke) and Lich King.

3. What I was getting at here is you would actually have a raid wide DPS increase if you switched specs to SV and bring replenishment (not saying you would be asked to do this but what is better for the raid group is better for the raid group).

4. Correct and being MM a ton of your dmg comes from auto shots so the sooner you get somewhere the sooner you start autofiring = more DPS. The rocket boots part of this question actually gives you more DPS because the crit part of the enchant is greater then icewalker and your already hit capped. Not to mention the ability to rocket boost out of defile or rocket boost away from an ooze on Putricide.

5. Perfect!

6. This question goes back to question 3. In a 10 man raid you are more likely not to have replenishment, and if you are gemming ArP, you cant freely switch between SV and MM without having two sets of gear.

Any questions you have for me can be asked here or you can contact me in game.

Nall
    Theronidas
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Theronidas Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Due to some RL changes your raid schedule doesn't work for me. I'm withdrawing my application. I had a ton of fun. I doubt you'll miss my 5k dps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 pm