Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Boomy DPS wanting to join Team Vol'Jin. (Warion)

Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Boomy DPS wanting to join Team Vol'Jin. (Warion) Empty Boomy DPS wanting to join Team Vol'Jin. (Warion)

Post by Warionory Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 am

Your age: 22

BattleTag: NoWoodForYou#1700

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Igotwood/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts: No alts that would be ready for Heroics, although I do have a couple alts that can do normal mode SoO.

World of Logs/WMO Parses: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-019s7nbzog9dzwz2/   http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fqcp1xv7bp2eo1ik/

Screenshot of your UI: https://s1129.photobucket.com/user/zanedaniel/media/WoWScrnShot_011214_004557_zps331364e5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Your weekly raid availability (Tues/Wed/Thurs/Mon 6-9:30pm PST): Any day anytime after around 7pm EST (4pm PST).

What add-ons do you rely on most? Tell Me When, and Bartender

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class? Mikepreachwow (Youtube), Icy Veins, Noxxic.

What previous raid experience do you have? 6/7 H 25m FL, 8/8H 10m DS, 3/16H MoP start raids 10m, 2/12H ToT 10m, 5/14H SoO 10m

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving? Pulp Fiction, leaving them because the Raid Leader, a healer, and a dps in our raid group cannot do things properly, and mess around all the time during raids. Looking for a more mature raid environment where people don't do stupid things they know they shouldn't, and don't die to things they should not even take damage from.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)? My friend Casey (Motograter) has said very positive things about your raid team, and your guild in general, and since I am leaving my current guild in search for a heroic progression raiding guild, I thought that since your team is down a ranged dps I would try my luck at filling the spot to my best ability.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)? By my friend Casey, who you may know better as Motograter, or Healingpains.

Tell us about yourself, to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks):
          I am an experienced raider with a fairly large amount of heroic progress in previous raiding tiers. I put time into learning my class as much as I can, trying to keep up to date as much as possible, as well as researching any upcoming fights that I would be partaking in, so that I won't be a complete liability to the raid group. I am all for having a good time when raiding, or just playing outside of raid, however I know when to be serious. I have many people who can vouch for my raiding awareness and raiding skill. I make friends easily and like to toss around jokes. I think i could become a good raider for Team Vol'Jin, I hope you give me the chance. Thank you for all your time, have a good day.
    Darka
    Darka
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Boomy DPS wanting to join Team Vol'Jin. (Warion) Empty Re: Boomy DPS wanting to join Team Vol'Jin. (Warion)

Post by Darka Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:12 am

Hey wuz up!! I would love to talk more with you and actually see some boomkin logs. Smile
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Boomy DPS wanting to join Team Vol'Jin. (Warion) Empty Re: Boomy DPS wanting to join Team Vol'Jin. (Warion)

Post by Warionory Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:55 pm

I'll get with you as soon as I can. As for boomy logs, I will try to get one as soon as possible, I raid tonight, as bear, so i'll have to get some lfr logs going Tuesday if i can. I'll get you some as soon as I can, thanks for the reply and you time!
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:15 pm

https://s1129.photobucket.com/user/zanedaniel/media/WoWScrnShot_011314_185944_zpseafc8452.jpg.html
    Here is a boomy UI picture, sorry for uploading a bear one before. Thanks for your time!
    Raytia
    Raytia
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Raytia Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:01 pm

Completely unrelated - but hello fellow LUI user! <3 LUI!!!!
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Lol Raytia was watching your stream i believe sunday! Go LUI!
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:23 am

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/30tvb2d7jpyfdwie/details/8/?s=452&e=756
    Logs from 1/14/2014
    Boomy DPS
    Last Wing SoO LFR (minus garrosh, didn't want to wipe on him all night.)
    Thank you for your time!
    -War
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 am

Also a note I would like to add; I have 3k valor going into the January 12th week, so I'll have 4k to upgrade my current offspec gear (boomy gear), so that my dps and all will go up a little for heroics, etc.
    Motograter
    Motograter
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Motograter Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Ran that sim for you this morning. Comes up with these stat weights

Crit-4.17
    Haste-3.84
    Mastery-3.68

Plugged those into Askmrrobot and it asks for you to change one gem. The one in your boots, it wants you to go full crit instead of the int/crit gem. Other than that it says you are all good. Cobane also said he would go over your logs and see if you can tweak anything in your priority.
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Okay, thanks Casey!
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Do you have a crappy computer? Why can't you run your own sims?
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Have never had to run my own sims, so I've never familiarized myself with the software. Downloaded Simcraft a couple days ago and am in the process of understanding it, while I was learning it Casey ran it for me since he already knows how to run it.
    And no I don't have a bad computer, have way more of a computer than one needs to play WoW at max settings, though WoW isn't that highly tuned anyway.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Since you are applying as balance, it was requested I review this app.

Your armory (when I looked) has you in guardian gear, your logs are guardian logs, and your screenshot is of a guardian's UI. Later you added a boomy UI and lfr logs. LFR is not going to express skill. The little it can tell me shows me you aren't using your CDs correctly. Plus your research sources are horrid so that probably has something to do with it. So far there is nothing here to indicate you would excel as balance in a heroic setting. This app seems like you just shooting in the dark to see if we are desperate enough to bring you on just because you are willing to strap on some caster gear on your druid.

I won't be able to say more until I see an armory of your caster set.
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:36 pm

My main spec has been guardian since the start of SoO, and the raid team I am on only allows me to play as a tank, because of two tanks being needed in the raid. As such I can only really practice boomy out of raid, and due to the rapid need to boomy logs my only option was to do lfr. I have been practicing as much as I can, and have been seeking help from people I know can play the spec, including you (Cobane), as well as watching videos on boomy as much as I can.
    I have a friend in the guild, Motograter, who has raided with me in ToT, when I mained boomkin, and he can vouch for my competency in normal and heroic raiding environments.
    Cobane
    Cobane
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)
    Krew Chief (Big Cawky)

Post by Cobane Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:46 am

Tell me more about your raiding xp as moonkin.
    What tiers?
    Just ToT?
    For the entire duration of those tiers?
    If not, what bosses and what was your job?
    Did you do any challenging jobs as moonkin during a fight?
    What other classes have you mained, if any?
    What do you enjoy about moonkin in raids?
    Warionory
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by Warionory Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:21 pm

I started out my raiding days in the first raids of cata as a frost/blood dk downing 2 heroic fights (Mag'Maw and Halfus). Moved on to FL as a resto druid/ arms warrior (6/7H 25m as a resto druid before my guild broke apart, 1/7H on my warrior). Then went to main a prot/arms warrior in DS going 8/8H. Then I hit a rough spot where the guild I was in broke apart after doing normal start raids in MoP, so i decided to change mains to an alt i enjoyed playing, chose my boomkin. From then I found a  guild to do ToT with and went 1/13H. Then just before SoO my raid team fell apart and i joined a couple new guilds to get where I today, having mained Guardian Druid through SoO with varying offspecs.
        During my time as a boomkin in ToT I would not say there was anything hard I was tasked with, other than following the simple mechanics of the fights.
       As a boomkin I enjoy being able to play as a ranged class, able to see what all if going on in the fight, I'm really enjoying being able to use symbiosis to my advantage to "cheese" some mechanics in a fight, such as Ionization on Heroic Jin'rohk, but overall I would say the main thing I enjoy about playing a boomkin in a raid environment is just playing boomkin. Sometimes when I play other ranged classes it can get boring and never seems to change throughout a fight, where boomkin always seems to have something going on; whether it be watching dot timers, watching your eclipse bar, getting procs, and most importantly thinking ahead of things to come in the fight, and preparing so that you will have the most effective eclipse up for whats coming. Boomkin just really is fun to play and keeps you thinking all the time about how to get the most dmg out, and I love that about the spec.
    Darka
    Darka
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Darka Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:35 am

Hey wuz up I would love to give you a trial with us and would like for you to talk with me when you get on. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:06 am