Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

559 Blood DK

cheechlol
    cheechlol
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

559 Blood DK Empty 559 Blood DK

Post by cheechlol Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Your age: 27

BattleTag: cheech#1347

Armory Link of Main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Cheechlol/advanced

Armory Links of Notable Alts: i don't care to have alts

World of Logs/WMO Parses: i have not got logs but will answer any questions you throw my way

Screenshot of your UI: https://2img.net/h/i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j390/cheech4x4/WoWScrnShot_082413_150129.jpg

(this SS is a bit dated but you get the idea. normally there are DBM timers on the right hand side of the screen as well)

Your weekly raid availability (Tues/Thurs/Sun 8-12pm EST): I can make 100% of raids with this schedule

What add-ons do you rely on most? Omen (so as not to pull threat back unintentionally), DBM for timers on important mechanics / abilities.

What resources do you use to keep up to date on how to play your class? I religiously use elitest jerks to keep up with my class optimization as well, I follow mmo-champion for upcoming changes in future patches

What previous raid experience do you have? Prior to SoO (which I am 14/14 although garrosh was 15%), I had not raided since Wotlk (when I was an officer in a HM guild during ICC). During Cataclysm I focused on PvP leading my RBG team to within the top 5 in the U.S. and reaching high enough rating in 3v3 for Gladiator (although we reformed and I did not get my title). I mention my pvp experience only to highlight my situational awareness.

What guilds have you been a member of and why are you leaving? I returned to WoW and raiding just before SoO was released and started up my own small guild on Illidan (Adept). It has been a constant struggle with poor / late attendance and the added time of constant recruitment and trying new members has finally gotten to me.

Why do you want to join Shade of Arrows (Be thorough with your answer)? I returned to WoW saying "I won't be that hardcore this time" and thought I could be happy just running a small guild even if our progress was not cutting edge like I'm accustomed to. As it turns out...its much more work to keep said small guild together than it is to run with a serious guild again. From what I can see, this guild is on top of its game and the schedule is perfect for me. I would love to contribute to a team of players like this that actually can be counted on and gets things done.

How did you find us (Friend,Forum,Trade Chat,Officer, etc.)(specify)? I posted this morning to the Guild Recruitment forum and was referred here to apply.

Are you competitive by nature? If so, who do you compete against (Yourself or others? Specify other)? I am very competitive in everything I do. I have to be the best around at what I do for my own satisfaction.

Tell us about yourself to help us determine if you would be a good fit here (The more you put here, the better it looks): I'm 27, ex-military (Air Force), now finishing up a degree in Computer Science. I've played this game since 2005 and raided on and off peaking during Wotlk when I swapped from Rogue to DK and never looked back. From Cataclysm until SoO was released, I took a break from raiding and focused on PvP. Since I've returned I decided to tank rather than dps as I have always preferred in the past. Its quite fun and has renewed my interest both in the game and in raiding.
    Yttrius
    Yttrius
    TC's Sheep
    TC's Sheep

559 Blood DK Empty Re: 559 Blood DK

Post by Yttrius Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Why aren't you parry stacking? With the recent addition of Riposte, it provides the most damage throughput for Blood DKs.

Can you explain the Mastery stacking over parry?
    cheechlol
    cheechlol
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

Post by cheechlol Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:06 pm

My aim was never to increase my dps as a tank. My goal is to be the most survivable tank I can be primarily by maximizing blood shield (mastery) while keeping my avoidance reasonably high. You will notice I use Swordshattering over Stoneskin Gargoyle for 4% parry rather than 2k armor and ~15k hp as I am well over 1mil unbuffed. Parry rating diminishes faster than Dodge with the gear I have currently as well so you will notice I reforge dodge over parry if the situation arises.
    cheechlol
    cheechlol
    Short Bus
    Short Bus

559 Blood DK Empty Trial Log Evaluation

Post by cheechlol Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 pm

If anyone knows a credible DK willing to review my logs and type up some comments about said logs per my trial requirement please let me know!  I no longer have personal contacts I can ask (since I took an extended break from raiding) and I have been trying for weeks to find someone.  I have had a couple offers to help but those have not panned out so far.  Kind of at my wits end so anyone who can help would be much appreciated.  santa
    Loki
    Loki
    Diabeetus
    Diabeetus

Post by Loki Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Not exactly what I imagine that Cobane wants, but if you're completely out of options I'd trust Sunlytes option on the matter, he's tanked on his Death Knight on and off since late Wrath.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 pm